Need help with after wedding plans on St. Thomas

okied0kie

My fiance and I are getting married at 10am on Dec. 7 at Lindquist beach (arriving on carnival freedom). We'll have pictures until 11... I need ideas about afterwards. Since Lindquist is remote and we'll have a 4 and 6 yr old with us, I can't turn it into a "play on the beach" time especially with lunch so soon. The coordinator will drop us back off at the cruise ship or any place we want to go next. I'd like to somehow figure out how to have beach time, lunch, skyride and shopping at havensight. The ship leaves at 6 pm.

I can either bring beach stuff with us, go somewhere that has a restraunt/facilities to change and then "play".

Or be dropped back off at the ship to eat, change, and then start out....

Is it possible?

(also posted this in the St. Thomas forum)

If they will take you anywhere with small children - how about getting sky ride tickets from the ship (cheaper than direct) and taking them up the sky ride to the top for lunch and a lovely view and some pictures at the gazebo overlooking the ship

There is garden etc up there too

We are getting married at 12 on the beach and they are brining us back to the centre at 2pm to go to the court house to pick up the certificates - then we are getting something to eat.

We're from the UK so need to have them in our hands coming back to be able to change name etc

We were unable to pick up our certificates on the day as it was a local holiday and they were sent to us within a couple of weeks. I didnt change my name til after home so it was no problem.

We were also at Lindquist which was lovely but there is limited facilities. We had our drinks, photos, drinks (!) and then we had arranged through Janelle to have a taxi take us back to Magens bay. This was lovely as by this time we were all very hot and glad to get to the beach and in the water and for some food!! We also had 2 children with us - aged 11 and 7 at the time. They were very good but very hot also! Determined to keep their 'flowergirl' dresses on so didnt want to go in the sea at Lindquist but delighted to have food and fun at Magens bay! As it was a local hol when we were there Magens bay was SO busy, can only say thank goodness that wasnt our wedding location!

Im sure whatever you do will be ace! I really was hoping to fit in some shopping but didnt manage that!! It was nice to just relax at the beach with our families.

When we went back on the ship we just got ready for dinner and had a lovely evening dancing under the stars................

Archived