Sugar Free Cake Question

jleiwig

It is my birthday and my MIL's birthday celebration. Since she is diabetic I want to order her a cake from Bon Voyage.

Has anyone ordered the sugar free cakes from Bon Voyage? How do they taste? Are they as good as the regular cake or much worse? I haven't been able to find what sweetner they are using, but I'm guessing it's Sucralose. Anyone know for certain?

I can answer your question! First because I am diabetic (Type 2) I choose the sugar-free deserts and except for the orange cake (which seemed dry to me IMO) the rest is great and I loved the LowCarb Cheese Cake and you can find them daily at the Lido Buffet also ......... every day is usually a LowCarb Cheese Cake and some kind of Cake .......... which are also offered for dinner in the dining room.

Now the important answer you are waiting for ............ OMG it was soooooo good! Ordered one for the cabin (Bon Voyage Cake) for the last sailing and it was so good, my DD who is a Sugar Freak couldn't stop digging into it ...... didn't tell her it was sugard free until after we'd finished it :rolleyes:

We got the chocolate one with the chocolate frosting ..... Wow! :D

This doesn't have to do with the sugar free cakes from Bon Voyage but the Sugar Free coconut cake is the BEST!!!! I agree with the other poster that didn't care for the orange...but all the others I tried were great! And I am not diabetic and I eat ALOT of sweets and I even thought they were good.

Archived