Why bother to label the hot tubs "adults only"?

~earthmama~

Well the hot tubs by the pool were ALWAYS full of kids, splashing, knocking drinks over, being a nuisance etc. We left our munchkin with Grandma and went to the serenity are to find the same thing. I spoke to one parent there with THREE kids being a PITA in the hot tub. I said "excuse me but maybe you did not know that this area is adults only" The answer I got "They are here with me, it's their cruise too, if you don't like it leave"

DH was in the poolside hot tub and said (to a parent who's kids were driving all the adults crazy) "Excuse me, kids are not allowed in the hot tub, the sign says so" The answer HE got "F**K YOU I'll take my kids any damn place I please, I PAID for them to do whatever they want"

And yes we (and others) spoke to staff several times and nothing was ever done. DH was told "Well I can't ask them to leave" (???)

I love kids, I took our child on this cruise, I do daycare. My issue is not with the kids so much as their parents. WHY oh WHY do some people believe rules are only made for other peoples kids?

If I were you...and I would be really pissed about this as well,

I'd have first reported them to security on board. If they did nothing, I would be writing a very long letter to CCL corporate, explaining why I'm trying a different cruise line for my next vacation.

Carnival absolutely sucks when it comes to this stuff and they are getting worse instead of better. They need to be made aware that this just isn't acceptable.

And the parents who act like that are just selfish and irresponsible imo.

That would do it, a hairy eyeball would've scared the crap out of me when I was a kid

Kida aren't scared of adults anymore.

Whats the difference between a hot tub and a bath:confused:

The temperature!! (said with tongue in cheek :rolleyes:)

But seriously the temperature of the bath can and should be controlled by the parents - not always true with the hot tubs. The temps are controlled by CCL. (I think) As others have pointed out for kids, and certain illnesses hot tubs can be dangerous. My DH loves them, but with his heart condition he no longer can get in them.

My DH and I do not have any kids and that is one of the reasons we always try to cruise while most kids are in school!! I love rugrats but have to say the fewer on the ship the better for my taste and the reason for this is the seeming lack of concern and control by the parents. We try to only book ships that say they have adult only areas. One reason we went with Princess the last time was they advertised an adult only area, but when we got on the ship there was not one according to ship's staff. We are booked on the Legend in December and I have read on these boards that they do enforce the adult only policy. They chose to have the kids, they need to be responsible for them and need to step up to the plate as it were. Instead so many parents now adays seem to be me me me me and they are teaching their children the same. No offense to all of the good parents our there, but there seem to be a lot of parents who had kids and expect the world to cowtow (sp) to them and their ill mannered children..Who happen to be ill mannered because their parents are as well!!!!

Hope this is not too much of a diatribe!!!

If I find any kids in the Serenity area on my next cruise I will crazy since the ship will be full of kids. Hopefully the Fantasy will have their stuff together by then.

The kids have their areas and the adults have theirs and the two shall hopefully never meet.

I spoke to one parent there with THREE kids being a PITA in the hot tub. I said "excuse me but maybe you did not know that this area is adults only" The answer I got "They are here with me, it's their cruise too, if you don't like it leave"

DH was in the poolside hot tub and said (to a parent who's kids were driving all the adults crazy) "Excuse me, kids are not allowed in the hot tub, the sign says so" The answer HE got "F**K YOU I'll take my kids any damn place I please, I PAID for them to do whatever they want"

Is this what the typical Carnival cruiser is like, or has the typical all around cruiser changed for the worse? :eek: If someone spoke to me this way, I am afraid that I would lose my temper. Forget the crew members, I am finding an officer and put up a stink. :mad:

If I worked for tips, I wouldn’t chase off anybody’s little cherub. For those of you who turn off the auto tip or complain about drunks or smokers, you asked for it. Drinkers, smokers and smugglers are there to have fun and could care less about kids farting in the hot tub. When I am having fun, minor inconveniences are easily overlooked.

Cruising on Carnival in the next few months..my husband and I booked this vacation to relax and I sure hope there are not children running around in the serenity area...we paid for this cruise too..and deserve to enjoy the adults only area, as much as the children deserve to enjoy the childrens clubs/areas. :) It's all a matter of respect!

If I worked for tips, I wouldn’t chase off anybody’s little cherub. For those of you who turn off the auto tip or complain about drunks or smokers, you asked for it. Drinkers, smokers and smugglers are there to have fun and could care less about kids farting in the hot tub. When I am having fun, minor inconveniences are easily overlooked.

Wow...another "answer" that is totally off the wall

I don't remove the auto tip so what is the point here?

I don't feel that having kids in the Serenity area is a minor inconvenience

some of the convoluted "answers" around here are a real piece of work

and contribute zero

so if someone farts, throws up in the pool, or takes a dump, just whistle on and :"have fun" and blame it on non tippers?? Yeah thanks

we should tar and feather these horrible childrent, shouldn't we? :eek::eek::eek:

Nope, their parents. If an area is adult only, then it's adult only. I'm not anti-children. They're hilarious, wonderful, incredible beings. However, I do prefer some adult time that doesn't involve children. That's why I go to adult's only areas.

I am a preschool teacher. I love children! I love my students and my own children. I go to these over 21 spots to be with adults. Have an adult playdate! I want to have a cocktail and not worry about children running around and I trip and fall over them, hurt them or myself and possibly have a lawsuit brought against me. My MIL is coming on the cruise with us and wants to have a quiet place to relax and read a book. She has every right to expect that the serenity pool is a place where she can do that.

Now that being said, there is also the fact that the temperature in the hot tubs is warm and not appropriate for children who may not know when it is time to get out. It is also a safety issue.

Parents who bring children to these places are wrong and you have the right to rat them out. When we speed, we know there is a chance we will get a ticket. That's the chance one takes. Try to tell the officer you pay your taxes that pay for the road and you have a right to speed, see what happens!

Unfortunately you do have to police these areas to preserve your right for an adult area! He who yells the loudest or coughs up a few bucks - WINS!! :D lol

PS. I really do love kids - but I love adults too! My DMom and DDad would have kicked my butt if I were someplace I wasn't allowed - what happened to that mentality?

Well the hot tubs by the pool were ALWAYS full of kids, splashing, knocking drinks over, being a nuisance etc. We left our munchkin with Grandma and went to the serenity are to find the same thing. I spoke to one parent there with THREE kids being a PITA in the hot tub. I said "excuse me but maybe you did not know that this area is adults only" The answer I got "They are here with me, it's their cruise too, if you don't like it leave"

And yes we (and others) spoke to staff several times and nothing was ever done. DH was told "Well I can't ask them to leave" (???)

I love kids, I took our child on this cruise, I do daycare. My issue is not with the kids so much as their parents. WHY oh WHY do some people believe rules are only made for other peoples kids?

Haha...do what I do in these situations...climb in the hot tub with the kids and start talking with your friends about graphic adult sexual situations using vigorous foul language. It helps too to throw in some chit chat about god not being real and no santa claus.

Just kidding. I wouldn't actually do that...but it might be fun (besides, the Dad you described seemed to have no trouble cursing in front of his kids).

We have never had problems with the little ones on cruises, just the teens.

Inver

(I have not read through entire thread (yet, but working on it) and apologize if this is already posted)

FROM CCL website -

Serenity is a tranquil space in a wonderful ocean-going oasis of relaxation and comfort. This adults-only area is available to guests 21 years of age and older and features everything necessary to create the perfect "me-time" moments.

Take advantage of the complete bar service provided by attentive waiters as you recline in the sun or under colorful, oversized umbrellas. Feel at ease in the separate shaded area. Or, enjoy a lovely dip in one of the beautiful whirlpools. All this, while listening to a variety of soothing music.

So cater to your need to relax and take in the ocean view, while enjoying the comforts of this kid-free haven.

Haha...do what I do in these situations...climb in the hot tub with the kids and start talking with your friends about graphic adult sexual situations using vigorous foul language. It helps too to throw in some chit chat about god not being real and no santa clause.

Inver

That made me chuckle! :D

I found just what is needed for the Serenity Area. While lost and driving through Burleson today, I saw a sign warning that the street I was driving on had a registered sex offender living on it - it was recommended that no children be in the vicinity of said property.

One of those at each entrance should do the trick, shouldn't it?

Great, if it's a designated Adults Only Area, then ladies, you don't need your bathing suit tops. Take them off. The men won't b!tch, the parents will remove their ill-behaved spawn, and order will be restored. They took our topless deck away and gave us an "Adult Only" Serenity deck, the atmosphere speaks for itself. If Hot Tubs are designated Adults Only, there ya go, off with your tops, let your tatas float with the bubbles.

Ms Belvedere

Archived