'Allure' sets 5K run

jleq

In an e-mail, Lisa Bauer, senior VP of hotel operations for Royal Caribbean International, said: “As part of our commitment to provide guests healthier vacation options, we look for opportunities like these to enhance our Vitality programming onboard and drive awareness of a health-conscious lifestyle. Coupled with an unprecedented line-up of new entertainment aboard Allure of the Seas, guests on this sailing will have a wide spectrum of exciting and heart-pumping options for an amazing cruise vacation.”

I find this quote really ironic. We were on the Oasis last year and will sail on the Allure in January. We loved the Oasis, but we were shocked with the amount of cigarrette smoke on this ship, the worst on any of the RCCL we have sailed, and we will be D+ after our Allure cruise. If RCCL really wants to give their guests a healthier vacation and promote a health-consious lifestyle, they should limit the places where people can smoke. I just hope that RCCL keeps the smoke out of the Promenade on the Allure.:)

This is the link to the run on St. Marteen on Thurs. 12/16. They depart the ship @ 8:00 am and the cost is $50 for adults and $35 for children. The link was not working earlier, but it is now fixed. You will notice ESPN is a co-sponsor for this event. HELLO, Sports Center!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=royal_5k&galleryPagename=royal_5k&exTypeCode=107&pnav=1&snav=4

After reading the story about the 5km run I have a question.

Does anyone know what time the "Onboard jogging track record attempt" will be held on December 14. My son wants to have a go but we have booked waverider lessons. Lets hope they don't clash!!:)

This is the link to the run on St. Marteen on Thurs. 12/16. They depart the ship @ 8:00 am and the cost is $50 for adults and $35 for children. The link was not working earlier, but it is now fixed. You will notice ESPN is a co-sponsor for this event. HELLO, Sports Center!

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?pagename=royal_5k&galleryPagename=royal_5k&exTypeCode=107&pnav=1&snav=4

Thanks for the link!

Archived