Bahamas:Need Help and Advice on a hotel with pool!

dongordon

Here I am ready to cruise on the Dawn this Sunday and I think I have everything planned including my activities in port.

In Nassau, Bahamas, I was going to spend the short time there (up until 1:00 PM) at a hotel with a pool and I thought the Raddison was available.

Now I find out that they do not offer day passes any longer (according to my TA).

Anyone have any suggestions as to what hotel I can go to with a pool.

Someone on the "Ports" board suggested the British Colonial, but my daughter said when she was there 5 years ago, it was not very nice.

Need advice....and soon!

Thanks.

Don

I don't remember Radisson ever having a day pass, but you can walk right thru the lobby onto the beach without a problem any of the 3 main Cable Beach Hotels (Radisson, Wyndham or Nassau Beach Hotel) They expect you to bring your own towel, keep your kids in check and purchase lunch or drinks while you are there.

The British Colonial costs $15 pp and is located just steps from the harbour. Some love it's tiny secluded beach with no screaming kids and lovely grounds, some hate it.

No.. I think that would be fine..

Spring break doesn't start for another week or so.

The only time you may have trouble at any of the hotels is during spring break when there are far too many people on the property, and it starts to get out of hand. In that case, I don't really know what to tell you. Spring Break gets very crowded, and sometimes unruly. Even the public beaches downtown are crazy.

Thanks for the information.

I will be getting to Nassau next Friday and I'll hope it is not spring break.

Of the three hotels you mentioned, which one would you recommend? I am looking for the one with drinks and food by a nice pool.

I assume that with all your knowledge of the Bahamas, you live there...is that correct?

Thanks again.

Don

Archived