dolphin discovery GC

happy40th

Quite often in many ports there are excursions that the cruise lines contract with and make it part of their contract that while the cruise line ship's are in port that they will not allow cruise ship passengers to book independently but only through the cruise line. The excursions do this for the volume of bookings they will get through the cruise line. This may be one of those excursions.

I was wondering the same thing. We just want to swim with the dolphins and not do the other stuff and carnival doesn't offer that.

I think I might just try to book direct and not tell them I'm on a cruise. How would they know? Has anyone else done that?

I personally didn't do it, but when I was in GC in May, we didn't book excursions either...Just hired a cab to take us to different spots before we got dropped off at 7 mile. One of the places we stopped was the dolphin park.

There were some people that we were sharing a cab with that at the last minute decided they wanted to swim with the dolphins and they were able to...They just paid right there at the park and were able to get right in. However, there were a couple of trainers and dophins available that day.

So I BELIEVE that if they aren't fully booked thru the cruise line, you should be able to get an appt and/or just show up because we were able to this without an issue.

Archived