Best place to see Monkeys?

Frenchsnowhite

My DD is crazy about Monkeys:p Where is the best place to see them (not at the zoo I mean). We will be in Belize with Carnival's Triumph this coming December;)

Thanks!;)

My wife & I did the tour to the Lamanai Ruins & we saw lots of Howler monkeys in the jungle crashing throuh the tree tops. It was quick though, we spotted a group of about 5 monkeys and they were gone in a couple of minutes. On the trip up the New River on the way to the ruins we saw tons of exotic birds,bats & 3 good size crocs. This is a great tour for checking out wildlife in it's natural state. My friend did a Carnival cruise but he said they did not offer the Lamanai Tour. You will have to book this independently through a private tour company in Belize. I saw this tour for $75. I think we paid $95 through the ship.

Take a Victor Bodden tour....he does a great job of touring the area and has a stop at his house where you can play with the monkeys and hold them. They are in a cage but you get in the cage with them. Just did the tour in August and had a great time. Forgot the cost since my sister actually set up the tour. But I'm sure if you research Victor Bodden tours you here on cruise critic you can find out the information you are wanting. Jane

My DD is crazy about Monkeys:p Where is the best place to see them (not at the zoo I mean). We will be in Belize with Carnival's Triumph this coming December;)

Thanks!;)

Well, my first recommendation would have been the zoo, but you seem to eliminated that choice. My second recommendation would be the mirror. My third recommendation would be the local school.

I have not been to Belize. However, that itinerary also stops in Rotan, where these pictures were taken ...

N4-Picture052.jpg

N3-IMG_1290.jpg

Archived