DOOR DECOR FAQ :Door Decoration how to's...Magnetic? (Destiny and others)

sharecruises

Hi there..

please refresh my memory...

I know that some ships are magnetic doors, some aren't

maybe we can make a list or FAQ here as to which ships are which?

also...ideas to decorate door/s...

I would like to put some sort of whiteboard or corkboard on my door so cruisers in my group can leave me a message or question or info

or maybe some "magnets" and some note paper or?? any other ideas as to

how to do this?? thanks in advance

if you can make it ship specific that would be great

I am also planning on Imagination, Glory and then Freedom next May

but interested in all doors, all ships, decorations, pictures if you have em

would love an "FAQ" on this

thanks in advance

Hi, I don't know about all doors, (hatches), on most ships, but I think they are purposely not made of metal so that we can't put magnetic signs on them. (Maybe?) I was on NCL's Jewel in june, and I got an "Over the hill" poster. I used 2 sided foam stickers, and it worked well. Of course, my DGF wasn't pleased with the poster, haha. On the CCL Spirit last TG I hung a poster on a string att. to something in the door. I've read that sometimes the room stewards remove them and put them in your cabin. Guess it's up to management.

"Anyone who thinks there aren't two sides to every arguement is probably in one"

the cookie bur.......

I saw a couple of very decorated doors on our Triumph cruise a week ago and they used clingy's - those kind of rubber thin kinds of things that stick to glass. One door was all done in birthday stuff and one in AR Razorback stuff.

We had a flood at our end and tons of crew and officers. Two of the officers were standing talking very quietly while inspecting one of the doors. I walked by and showed them that they weren't "sticky" and wouldn't leave anything on the door. They'd never seen anything like that but sure weren't pleased that it might be on there with TAPE!! :)

I've read lots of threads on decorating cabin doors, and I can't recall any cases where current Carnival ships had metal doors...I have used the putty-like substance called poster tack, and it works great for most items used to decorate doors...also have used the clingy, gel-type decorations, and they've worked very well (I got them at Dollar Tree)

I am not saying this has never happened, but the last few years while I've been a regular on Cruise Critic, I don't recall any posts where Carnival crew members took down a passenger's door decorations

Hi there..

please refresh my memory...

I know that some ships are magnetic doors, some aren't

.....thanks in advance

That's weird, I've been on six or so ships and I didn't think any of them were magnetic doors. They seemed to be large steel hulls for the primary structure with cabins above decks.

Thanks....I will check out the gel thingys I saw them for Halloween and wondered if they would work

I am also trying to figure how to post notes or let others post notes to me..

any ideas?? thanks

We use a Magna Doodle. It works great! I use those 3M things that stick on both sides to attach to the door then pull the tab to release them at the end of the week. Lots of people write things on there and so far....nothing mean or nasty has ever been written on it. I used it a great deal when I had a group and every night posted what time they needed to me and where.

Hi there..

I would like to put some sort of whiteboard or corkboard on my door so cruisers in my group can leave me a message or question or info

or maybe some "magnets" and some note paper or?? any other ideas as to

how to do this?? thanks in advance

I buy magnetic tape strips at Walmart in the craft section. Under $2 for a package. One side is tape and the other is magnetic. Always works great...as long as the door is metal.

Gina

For notes - you can leave a pad of 'post it' notes in that 'mailbox' outisde your door with a pen for leaving notes?

I always travel with some post its and can leave notes in the cabin for the room steward if I need anything ....also leave notes on friend's cabin door re my 'whereabouts' so I can be found (and I don't want to call or wake anyone up in case they are sleeping in!).

I don't know what the new doors on the Fascination are made of but they're darn near stick-proof.

Just got off Saturday... Post-it notes will not stick to the doors! They fall right off. Scotch tape barely sticks. And they're not metal.

I ended up sticking my CC sign up using some gummy slime (you know that stuff they use to stick credit cards to letters, advertising items in magazines, etc) I found in a magazine I'd brought with me.

- IT Geek

We were on a Halloween cruise last year & used the gel type decorations for our door... worked great!

However, some kids stole them mid-week. But, since we had tipped our room steward very generously at the start of the cruise, he put the word out to his fellow stewards to be on the lookout for our decorations (they were pretty unique). Later that day, they were back on our door!

Archived