Question about past guest booking

taliacamp

Hello, booked on Glory on Nov. 14th...my husband and I are past guests but my sister and her husband are not. In order to get a discount and upgrade we booked one room under my name and one under my husbands and my sister in her husband as second guest is each. (My pvp told us to do it this way) Now, here's my question, is it absolutely necessary to switch the names once we get on the ship? We got rooms right next to each other and our S&S card will be under my husband in our room and my sister will have the S&S card in the other room....:confused: thanks!

Hello, booked on Glory on Nov. 14th...my husband and I are past guests but my sister and her husband are not. In order to get a discount and upgrade we booked one room under my name and one under my husbands and my sister in her husband as second guest is each. (My pvp told us to do it this way) Now, here's my question, is it absolutely necessary to switch the names once we get on the ship? We got rooms right next to each other and our S&S card will be under my husband in our room and my sister will have the S&S card in the other room....:confused: thanks!

Your S&S card also acts as your room key so yes you will need to change it. I am sure there will be times where you are seperated from the other and wont be able to access the cabin.

Also the charges are based on the S&S card assigned to the room.

Dave

A couple years ago we had our kids in a separate cabin and our TA said for us to book one cabin under my name and the other unders my DH's. Once we boarded we had to have the cards changed so that my daughter could get in her cabin and my DH could get into ours.

Thanks Dave but basically the way it is booked is myself and my sister in one room (She'll take that room with her husband and the S&S card will be under her name) The other room is booked under my husband and my brother-in-law (we'll take that room and the S&S will be under my husbands name) So the cards, which are the room keys will each be assigned to the correct rooms right? I definately could be way off base here because we've never booked like this, so I do appreciate any input.

Thanks Dave but basically the way it is booked is myself and my sister in one room (She'll take that room with her husband and the S&S card will be under her name) The other room is booked under my husband and my brother-in-law (we'll take that room and the S&S will be under my husbands name) So the cards, which are the room keys will each be assigned to the correct rooms right? I definately could be way off base here because we've never booked like this, so I do appreciate any input.

The S&S card is assigned INDIVIDUALLY and has your name on it along with your charge priviliges (folio account). It is not like a room key at a hotel where you can just trade out with the other room.

All you have to do is go to Guest Services and have two of the cards reassigned and reprinted. This way the proper room account is charged when you make purchases.

When you look at your room account, you can see which card (folio) made which purchase.

Dave

Your S&S card also acts as your room key so yes you will need to change it. I am sure there will be times where you are seperated from the other and wont be able to access the cabin.

Also the charges are based on the S&S card assigned to the room.

Dave

I agree that these issues may result in a more convenient cruising experience, however I must stand by my statement that, as the OP asked, it is not absolutely neccesary to make the changes once on board.

The S&S card is assigned INDIVIDUALLY and has your name on it along with your charge priviliges (folio account). It is not like a room key at a hotel where you can just trade out with the other room.

All you have to do is go to Guest Services and have two of the cards reassigned and reprinted. This way the proper room account is charged when you make purchases.

When you look at your room account, you can see which card (folio) made which purchase.

Dave

No, it's not absolutely necessary. But it'll create some confusion in billing, as the sign and sail cards are assigned to the individual, not the cabin, so each of you would get your own card..

you'd end up with you billing your items to one room, your husband billing to the other, and same with your sis and husband.

It really isn't a big deal or embarrassment to just head to the purser's desk after you've all checked in, and ask for the proper keys. People do this sort of booking all the time...often parents will each book a room and have one kid with them, then when they board, mom/dad get one cabin, the kids the other..so it's pretty common. And much less confusing come time to settle up the bill!

I agree that these issues may result in a more convenient cruising experience' date=' however I must stand by my statement that, as the OP asked, it is [i']not absolutely neccesary[/i] to make the changes once on board.

If they don't make the changes, one out of each couple will not have a key to their room. They cannot trade cards to have a correct room key because the Sail & Sign card is also their ID (with another picture ID) to get back on the boat in port.

If they don't make the changes, one out of each couple will not have a key to their room. They cannot trade cards to have a correct room key because the Sail & Sign card is also their ID (with another picture ID) to get back on the boat in port.

Ok, one more time... it is not absolutely necessary to make the change. There are certain conveniences that can be realized by making the change, but the passengers can cruise "as-is". Case closed.

Ok' date=' one more time... it is [i']not[/i] absolutely necessary to make the change. There are certain conveniences that can be realized by making the change, but the passengers can cruise "as-is". Case closed.

If they want the appropriate charges to be made to the proper cabin, then it is not CASE CLOSED. If they are seperated and want in their cabin, they will not be able to as their S&S card opens the other cabin.

5 minutes at the Guest Services desk and all is fixed. Why would you want to sit at the end of the cruise going over the two Account sheets to see who has to pay what?

Dave

If they want the appropriate charges to be made to the proper cabin, then it is not CASE CLOSED. If they are seperated and want in their cabin, they will not be able to as their S&S card opens the other cabin.

5 minutes at the Guest Services desk and all is fixed. Why would you want to sit at the end of the cruise going over the two Account sheets to see who has to pay what?

Dave

The OP asked if the change is absolutely necessary, it is not. It can be done for convenience, if one wishes. Carnival does not require it to be done. How long is this dead horse going to be beaten? The change is not required to sail. Repeat, the change is not required to sail. For convenience, it can be changed.

The OP asked if the change is absolutely necessary' date=' it is not. It can be done for [i']convenience[/i], if one wishes. Carnival does not require it to be done. How long is this dead horse going to be beaten? The change is not required to sail. Repeat, the change is not required to sail. For convenience, it can be changed.

If you go back and read the OP was confused on how the S&S cards are assigned. It is for their "convenience" to get it changed so that the appropriate charges are applied to the "correct" room the person is "actually" staying in.

Now the person has the correct information on which to base their decision other than your reply of "you dont have to" without knowing the implications of not changing it.

Dave

O.K. guys, well hey thanks....I should have thought about us each having our own individual key ( only second time cruising, still a little rusty:o). I guess wording it "absolutely necessary" wasn't absolutely necessary..(he he a little humor here to break up the tention) Thanks for all of your advise I know now that it will definately be more "convenient" to go to the desk and change the names...thanks again!

If you go back and read the OP was confused on how the S&S cards are assigned. It is for their "convenience" to get it changed so that the appropriate charges are applied to the "correct" room the person is "actually" staying in.

Now the person has the correct information on which to base their decision other than your reply of "you dont have to" without knowing the implications of not changing it.

Dave

The OP's question was "is it absolutely necessary to switch the names once we get on the ship?" I answered the question, as it was asked, correctly and accurately, without adding opinions or unsolicited information.

Dave

Actually, each S&S card can be assigned to different charge cards, so assigning the S&S to their individual (or couple) charge cards is easy to do in the online documentation area, no matter what cabin they are in. Therefore it's not necessary to check the account sheets at the end of the cruise.

The only problem with not changing them is that they will not have access to their cabin if they separate.

We did this same thing on the Legend and it was easy to get new S & S cards made.

HOWEVER...we had used Future Cruise Certificates when booking the cabins and the OBC stayed with the people in the original booking. We had to settle up the S & S bills at the end of the week to get this taken care of.

Archived