eclipse dressing

bonniecharlie

I'm not one to worry or fuss over what other people are wearing. I'll dress as formal as I like regardless of whether or not the next table comes in jeans.

The news is a bit surprising, usually Celebrity attracts people who want a bit more upscale experience than many of the other main stream cruise lines.

But I always consider comments like this, if read on a place like CC, to be the casual observation of a very few people. Perhaps the person writing saw a few people dressed in what they consider to be below par and they expand their views to the point where it sounds like the whole population of the ship are dressed slovenly. Take it with a grain of salt.

Then again, I've observed people making rude comments about other too casually (although nicely) dressed folks, all the while they are in threadbare jackets with stained shirts and old, beat up shoes. So, who would be the more appropriate in that scenario? It has been amusing to me to overhear.

As with may folk a good part of a cruise is the dressing up, but I have heard that on Eclipse a lot are not bothering, and turning up to the main dining room Higgle de piggley ( no thought for dressing) is this true

This is true for most mass-market lines. The dress codes are view by some passengers as "guidelines" or (sadly) "rules-for-others".:(

Wear what makes you feel comfortable and enjoy yourself. Contentment is the best revenge! :D

We were on Oasis for the previous 2 weeks. One evening at dinner (not formal) there was a guy in the MDR in a muscle shirt. Not dressing up for formal night is one thing, having to look at your hairy back & arms is a whole other deal!!!!

It's just another example of the declining civility in our society.

Archived