Carlo Lombard as a Cruise Director??

Linda&Mike

Carlo was on the Valor 2-6-05. I thought he was great. He was very funny and very involved. When I actually met him I gave him a hug. He has a great accent that I just love and he seems to want to show his guests the best time possible, He certainly did it. There were a few things about Carniival that I did not like, however I am hard to please, but hearing and seeing Carlo always brightened uo my day, I would love to see him on another cruise.:)

Carlo was the CD on the Celebration when we cruised in Dec. 03. He was very "high strung" (in a good way):p When he did announcements on the intercom, he would always end by saying..."remember you can sleep when you get home"! That has always stuck in my mind for some reason!:D

I just read that this Carlo Lombard is the CD on the Valor. anyone know what he's like?

Carlo was on the Triumph in August last year when I sailed. He is a great, funny guy. I had recognized him from my Triumph cruise in April of 2002 when he was a Social Host. As we were walking to dinner one evening, he stopped me in the hall and said that he had seen me during the beginning of the week several times and that he thought he knew me from somewhere but couldn't place it. I proceded to tell him that I had recognized him from two years ago when he and Sarah were the SH's aboard and he realized that he remembered me from then.

yes carlo is cd now on glory, since the return of john heald is unknown carnival had to fly him in on thursday. We are cruising on february 26 and was looking forward to having john heald as cd, but carlo is very good and very funny we have had many times as a socal host prior to him becoming a cd, we look forward to having carlo as the cd, we wish him well. This is coming from john heald number 1 fan

• 4 weeks later...

On the Glory last week, they held an "Up close and personal" with 4 members of the staff, along with Carlo. He's from South Africa and started around 5 years ago as a bar waiter. He also says now that he "goes where they (Carnival)" tell him to go.

carlo is cd on glory word has it until some time in april, then he will take a short break and return as cd on valor in may...

the asst. CD told us they work 4 weeks on and 4 weeks off. He was quite the kidder but, i think he was serious?

If it's anything like NCL, most of the wait staff, bar staff, room stewards, etc have 9 or 10 month contracts. With cruise staff (ie cruise director, hostess, etc. it was usually 3-4 months on, 3-4 weeks off) That was about 13 years ago when I was familiar with it though, so it may well have changed since then! :)

Archived