What to do with a 7 yo??

MomtoCCC

Help! I can't figure out what to do in Grand Cayman!

We are doing a beach/pool day in Cozumel (Nachi).. so I was looking for something different in GC. I was thinking about the turtle farm and paying the full price for the lagoon and swimming pool but I've been reading that it is dirty, smelly, etc...

My daughter loves to swim in pools but not the ocean that much. I don't think she would enjoy the stingrays so that option is out. Plus most of the tours include snorkeling which she wouldn't do either (although DH and I love to snorkel)

So... what else is there? DH and I went to 7 mile beach before.. I guess we could do this again.

How easy would it be to go the Turtle Farm just to see the turtles and then head over to a beach somewhere for a little bit? Or maybe the Marriott and use the pool?

Any other suggestions??

Thanks.

Hi Kellye, We are planning to visit the Cayman Island National Museum while we are in port. (History and artifacts of the Cayman's) It is located at 3 South Church St., which is within walking distance of the cruise terminals. I don't know if the Museum would interest your child but they do have a children's gallery within the museum. The admission is very affordable, $5 for Adults and $3-USD- for children. Their hours are 9am - 5pm M-F and 10am-4pm Sat. There is also a gift shop and area for ice-cream and snacks. :) This might be something quick and easy to do in conjunction with the beach or other activity.

Why not take advantage of the kid's club on board. Leave your daughter in their capable hands, walk to Eden Rock and snorkel for an hour or two. Then back to the ship for lunch, then the museum or 7 mile beach in the afternoon. You coud also try to make it a point of stopping at the customs house on each island you visit to get her passport stamped. Then she could tell her friends back at home all about the cool stamps she got! (not sure where in georgeton the customs house is...sorry)

Why not take advantage of the kid's club on board. Leave your daughter in their capable hands, walk to Eden Rock and snorkel for an hour or two. Then back to the ship for lunch, then the museum or 7 mile beach in the afternoon. You coud also try to make it a point of stopping at the customs house on each island you visit to get her passport stamped. Then she could tell her friends back at home all about the cool stamps she got! (not sure where in georgeton the customs house is...sorry)

This is not a bad idea... I don't want to leave her for the full day but for a couple of hours so we can snorkel would be fun. Hmmm....

Archived