Which Attendant Do You Tip?

LiveLoveCruise

Let me start by saying that we have 5 rooms thus far, and are a couple of weeks from sailing.

Question:

If someone is booked in one room but, actually uses another room, which steward would you tip?

Explanation:

One couple (my mother and her friend) are not getting along, the guy may not be going. (the room steward will be losing that tip) Another room has my niece in it who, does not want to actually use it at all, which is understandable because it is with a distant relative who is a man. She'll be bunking with my teenagers. Because, she and my mother probably won't be able to do it. We ran the arrangements by Carnival.

Who get's the tip?

The automatic gratuity will go to the steward of the cabin booked unless a formal change is made at the Guest Serviced Desk.

If no change it made I think it would be good to tip the steward who has to handle the additional load in cash...

:)

Thanks..

We plan to tip one attendant. Either the original one or the one that handles the load. I will most likely be handling most of the tip for my niece, for many reasons. I don't have a problem with it, but, I won't be tipping over the suggested amount.

It's possible if all the cabins are grouped together that you have the same steward. That would make it too easy;)

When you move the tips - be sure you just remove the cabin stewards portion because you don't want to stiff the rest of the staff.

This is how per day it breaks out:

If you think about it, I am sure I eat more than $25-30 worth of food per day which would be the 5.50 tip at 20%

------

$3.50 Stateroom Services

$5.50 Dining Room Services

$1.00 Alternative Services: distributed to other kitchen and hotel service staff

Archived