Ramses Hotel Check In

usnea8

I have a private tour booked with Ramses in November and was wondering how the hotel check in is handled. I understand final payment is in US cash at the end of the tour (which includes the hotel fees.) Do you need a credit card for check in? Thanks.

I would bring one. Even if the hotel is paid for by Ramses, they will want a card for damages and any other charges. This is standard procedure with most hotels. If this is a problem you may want to check directly with the hotel that you have requested.

I have a private tour booked with Ramses in November and was wondering how the hotel check in is handled. I understand final payment is in US cash at the end of the tour (which includes the hotel fees.) Do you need a credit card for check in? Thanks.

We used Ramses last November, and we waited in the van while our guide checked us in. He returned with our room keys (us and another couple), and I do not remember needing to give a credit card for incidental charges. If I remember correctly, he told us to go to our rooms and check them out and make sure we were pleased, and he would call in 5 minutes to make sure everything was OK. We did, and he called in 5 minutes and said he would not leave the hotel until we let him know everything was Ok with our room. Once we told him the room was fine, he left (he was staying at a hotel down the street and when he showed us the next day where he stayed, it was a typical local Egyptian hotel that looked pretty run down) and made sure we had his cell number if we needed anything during the night. He told us what time he would pick us up the next morning and to be checked out of our room and on time so we would not get delayed in our touring the second day. We got up, had breakfast, and checked out and he arrived in the lobby exactly at the time he said he would. Ramses must have something worked out with the hotel to be billed or pay for it themselves....we paid for everything at the end of the tour in U.S. dollars, just as they had requested. You will have a wonderful time in Egypt, and Ramses will take good care of you!

P.S. - I agree with the other post - you should have a credit card with you just in case....we had one with us....we had friends who used Ramses about a month before we did, and they ate dinner at the hotel and charged it to their credit card. I don't know if it was a direct charge from the restaurant at the time they dined, or if it was just charged to the room. We ate dinner with our guide at another location before going to the hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned home from our cruise on the Equinox and we booked our Egypt tour with Ramses tours. We had a great time and everything was perfect. They gave us a tour of a lifetime.

We stayed at the Oberoi Mena House and it was beautfiul. When we arrived we were directed by our guide, Karim to step over to the bar area and have a complimentary juice drink while he checked us in. He then returned with our room key and said he would call us in 5 minutes to see if we liked our room or not. We went to the room and loved it. It was so beautiful with a balcony that over looked the front of the pyrmaids and the beautiful grounds of the Oberoi Mena House. He called us in 5 mnutes to check on us to see if we were completely satisfied. We had about an hour before we were to meet him back downstairs at 7pm to go to the Nile Crystal Dinner cruise. That was perfect also. We returned back to the hotel around 10 and we met up with him again at 7:15am to start our second day early so we could get more in.

We had a memorable time in Egypt thanks to Ramses Tours. As for a credit card, we also kept one with us in case we wanted to make purchases. They had a gift shop at the hotel that others used. They were able to get beautiful t-shirts made as they ordered them the night we arrived and picked them up the next morning as they were shirts embroidered with names on it in Egyptian writings. They were beautfiul for only $8.00 USD and the quality of the shirt material was very good.

Archived