Any teachers out there?

Hey all,

Just wondering if there are any teachers out there on these boards that are on summer vacation. Are you planning a cruise? My next cruise is in March 2005 on the Brilliance.

What do y'all teach? I teach 1st grade in Monterey, CA.

Sea ya!

Sarah Ann

6/95 - Majesty of the Seas

6/96 - Monarch of the Seas

6/98 - Majesty of the Seas

6/99 - Granduer of the Seas

6/01 - Granduer of the Seas

6/03 - Explorer of the Seas

3/05 _ Brillance of the Seas - Panama Canal

I Touch the Future.....I Teach

1 1/2 days to go until summer break! I have an alternative high school program. Just cruised Celebrity Constellation in Feb. and we're looking at Radiance class for Feb. 2006.

Constellation - 2/04

NCL Dream - 2/00

NCL Dreamward - 2/96

Hi! I teach 4th grade. We've been out since May 25th. We've already been on our summer cruise. I'm hoping to talk DH into a holiday one on one of the Royal Caribbean ships. We'll see!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

days until we sail on the Inspiration 5/30/04

I teach in a Primary school in the north-east of England. We are still in school until 16th July. My cruise isn't until summer holidays 2005. I have to "endure" two weeks at Lake Garda, Italy this summer!! What are the dates for summer holidays in the US?

Hi- This is my first week off. I've taught middle school math for 26 years. My husband and I have a cruise planned for fall break and then 14 of the teachers at my school are going on The Enchantment for Spring break. We are so excited, we can't wait!

Until Navigator countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;09;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

6 prior cruises

Elementary assistant principal at a year-round school...........we just got off two weeks ago, but my teachers start back July 6!!!

Rachel

Fantasy 12/00

Imagination 6/01

Splendour 6/03

Sovereign 12/04

Guest Crazeecat5

Hi all,

I'm a teacher from NYC. Have taught for 15 years, 2nd grade, Science and am now the Math Coach for my school. I teach the teachers how to teach a new Math program. Awesome job! We still have 9 more days to go. DH and I are off on the Splendour of the Seas this summer, cruising in Europe in July. Can't wait....

Happy sailing to all my comrades!

Sheryl

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;7;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

until cruising on the Splendor of the Seas

I've taught for 15 years, and I'm currently the head choral director at a high school for the past 8 years. We were on the Splendor back in March, which was our 8th cruise. YES, I am on summer VACATION!!! We go back on August 16th. I live in Richmond, Texas.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

I am a high school choral director, in metro Baltimore, MD. Only 3 days to go!!

Have to wait until August for my cruise, then doing it again for Thanksgiving. icon_cool.gif

drpclarke, thanks for Dr. Eric Smith. icon_rolleyes.gif

Inspiration 6/96, 12/01

Carnival Destiny 7/97, 11/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/98

Norwegian Sea 7/00

Norwegian Star 6/02

Paradise 11/02

Sovereign of the Seas 8/03

Serenade of the Seas 12/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until Carnival Triumph 8/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;21;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until Adventure of the Seas 11/04

Atonal-------how funny! Actually, I left Charlotte right when he came on board and started work in a nearby county. However, he was ALWAYS in the news. I am assuming he did not get the job in Miami that he interviewed for then......wow.

I have no idea how he was with fine arts programs........I taught band but never really saw him

Rachel

Hello!

I have taught special education classes at an elementary school for 14 years now. DH and I try to cruise during the summer. We just back a week ago from a trip on the Sovereign! We have been on break since May 30 and return August 5th, which I know will be here before you know it!!! icon_smile.gif

Sovereign of the Seas 6/00

Fascination 6/01

Fantasy 6/03

Sovereign 6/04

Hi all! I am a Kindergarten teacher at our local elementary school (4 regular K, 14 AMI Montessori 3-6 Primary - 18 years altogether). We have two half days left with the students and then Monday is our last workday! Yippee!!! We cruised on Spring Break on the Sovereign and are going to Canada on the Voyager on 7/25 and have the Navigator planned for Christmas Break! Cruising keeps me somewhat sane and on track!

Barbara

Monarch 6/02, 4/03

Enchantment 7/03

Sovereign 12/03, 4/04

Voyager to Canada 7/04

Navigator 12/04

Rachel, no he didn't get the job in Miami, so we get to keep him until the next 'big' job comes around.

So, how about Dr. John Murphy? I worked in a system where he was superintendent until he moved to Charlotte. icon_razz.gif

Inspiration 6/96, 12/01

Carnival Destiny 7/97, 11/00

Rhapsody of the Seas 11/98

Norwegian Sea 7/00

Norwegian Star 6/02

Paradise 11/02

Sovereign of the Seas 8/03

Serenade of the Seas 12/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;7;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until Carnival Triumph 8/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;21;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 until Adventure of the Seas 11/04

I teach HS Business Classes (Computers, Accounting, and Business Law)and have been teaching for 10 years. We have been out since May 28th. Teachers go back on 8/9 and the students come back 8/16. My family I will get to set sail 8/1 on the Rhaposody icon_biggrin.gif. I guess you can say my cruise will be bittersweet, since I have to go back to school as soon as I get back. icon_frown.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=dc143c&cdt=2004;8;1;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600  8/1 Rhapsody

Celebration 7/02

Hi there all you happy cruisers, I am a year round Kindergarten teacher from Southern California. I teach two months and I am off on the third month. This goes on all year and the children are also off when I am not at school. So I can cruise 4 times a year. We are going back on the Mercury, Celebrity in November and we took this same cruise in February. We don't have to fly and the cruise itinerary is so wonderful. I will be off in August this year and we are going to take out the RV and see more of this wonderful country of ours. Those teachers who are new to cruising are in for a treat. Best, Michele

Michele, I would LOVE to be year-round, because we could sail at non-peak and inexpensive times. The only time we can sail is summer, Thanksgiving, Christmas or Spring Break!! I bet you really enjoy getting the off-peak rates??!!! Do you find the rates to be much cheaper than at the peak times that I would sail?

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16

Archived