Shore Excusrions for Western Med Cruise

Larry the Legend

Here are my recommendations for private limo tours of Amalfi Coast, Rome, and Tuscany. Just returned from cruising last week.

For Amalfi Coast used tourofitaly.com. Giancarlo, or his dad, Giovanni, give personal 8 hour tours of the Amalfi Coast. I highly recommend them. They met us at the dock in Salerno and drove in a new Mercedes limo down to

visit Sorrento, Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello. They are natives of Sorrento so they can give the tour from the standpoint of a "local". Both speak good English and can tailor the tour to your liking.

For Tuscany, we arranged a tour by Francesco Pasqueletti at info@eventsandholidays.com. He is a native of Tuscany and gave us a great 8 hour tour of the Chianti wine region of Tuscany including a private tour and wine tasting luncheon at a small family winery in Chianti. Once again we were met at the port of Livorno and driven to Tuscany in a Mercedes limo. I also highly recommend Francesco.

In Rome we had to take a 1 hour train ride into Rome from the port. Used vaticantoursinc.com. Met at the train station in Rome and driven around Rome during the morning to see the "highlights". Dropped off with a personal guide at the Vatican to see the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel, and St. Peters. No lines ; we got right in with the Vatican guide. Took one hour train ride back to the dock.

The only ship-arranged tour we took was to Marseilles, FR which was on a bus - pretty much a bust. I'm glad we scheduled our own tours as described above.

Larry the Legend

Archived