7 and 11 years old what's best for shore activity ?

Natburns

What would be a good way to spend our day in costa rica with 2 kids..

And which tour op to use? Prices?

Thanks!!

We took our 11 and 13 year old on a JJ tour of the jaguar rescue center and banana plantation it was about 65 a person but there was 22 in our group

• 1 month later...

We (parents and 3 kids) have been to Costa Rica both by land tour and by cruise. For older kids (11 and above), I will suggest zipline. My kids considered zipline the highlight of our Costa Rica trip. For younger kids, I will suggest eco tours such as canal boat ride. They will be able to see many wild animals and birds and it's very exciting.

We (parents and 3 kids) have been to Costa Rica both by land tour and by cruise. For older kids (11 and above), I will suggest zipline. My kids considered zipline the highlight of our Costa Rica trip. For younger kids, I will suggest eco tours such as canal boat ride. They will be able to see many wild animals and birds and it's very exciting.

We will have both younger kids and teens, will have 8 hours, will have enough time for both tours? should we book through ship or private tours?

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I would find a tour that is only 1/2 day. I went on tour with to the Jaguar Sanctuary and it was Great, but it is a long drive and a long day. The second half of the day was harder for the kids because they want to have fun, and roam around. The drive to the sanctuary is about 1.5 hr . A few of the kids on our tour we grumpy toward the end and I would say their ages we from 7-12

A couple we ate with got an offer off the ship for 35 to take a tour of the city and banana plantation and to go on a small boat and that was only about 3.5 hrs total.

Archived