First cruise first time in coz - with kids

Natburns

Hi,

We are taking carnival cruise with kids ( 11 and 7 ) . Can I get suggestions for the best things to do with kids this age?

Thanks,

Take the kids to Chankanaab National Park.

http://www.cancuntravel.com/chankanaab.asp

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d185578-Reviews-Chankanaab_National_Park-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Our 11 yr old loves Paradise Beach. Inexpensive cab ride to get there, good food, good service, good drinks. He always gets the wristband and uses the water toys. These are from last October, we'll be there agian in about 10 days and he cant wait:

201.jpg

207.jpg

Go to Paradise Beach. I took twin 10 year olds (boy & girl) & an 8 year old boy. They all oved it. We were a little concerned about them swimming out to water trampoline & iceberg, but they gave us life jackets to ease moms concerns.

Also, right next to Paradise Beach, someone came up from an animal rescue place & showed my kids all sorts of creatures (spider monkey, lizards, snakes, etc.) & let my kids hold & take photos with them. They loved it.

We had a great time there.

Chankanaab doesn't have the water toys, loud music, etc. It is very low-key and quiet. Also, the beach drops off into the water. There are stone steps to walk down, but the water is very deep. My niece and nephew (9 and 7) really enjoyed learning to snorkel. I think there is a lagoon where you can swim, but I'm not sure.

We have done Paradise Beach and Mr. Sanchos. I would rate them the same with the exception that Paradise Beach was much more crowded. In fact, we had Mr. Sanchos beach basically to ourselves for the first hour we were there which was great. This year we are doing the Twister boat excursion throught Carnival to Isla Pasion. My kids love doing the jet boat excursions. This will give us a little excitement plus the beach day we always enjoy in Cozumel.

The cab ride to Paradise Beach depends on the number of riders. We had 7 of us & if i remember a cab was about $20 each way.

the ride i sno longer then 10 minutes.

No charge for Beach, but lounge chairs are $2 each. The wristbands for water toys are $12.

Who is Mr.Sancho? Is that the other park we were talking about? Chankanaab?

It is a beach a little further down from Paradise Beach. It is not Chankanaab. We just took a taxi from the pier just like we did when we went to Paradise Beach. They have a website if you want to look them up.

Archived