Please stop bashing Carnival

bodog402

I’m confused ????? Carnival ""isn’t"" the greatest thing since sliced bread ????

I guess you are also going tell me that Santa isn’t real either ?

Carnival greatest since sliced bread, no.

Santa, of course he's real.

Please come back to planet earth, the print media has no statndards either. The AP has instituted a rule that requires editiorializing in their stories for they have deemed the general public too stupid to make their own decisions. You appear to be doing the same (assuming the public is too stupid to make their own decisions).

Perhaps the general public should make their own decisions instead of allowing news agencies and poorly-written polls to make them for them then.

After a one month hiatus from visiting cruisecritic.com, I still notice the constant flow of dissatisfaction with Carnival Cruse Lines. I still read about how "some" still complain about an extra fee for eating a premium meal , those who attempt to sneak on alcohol and then complain when their alcohol is confiscated or a post of a letter from an ex-Carnival employee who after only two months of employment with Carnival trashed Carnival regarding unspecified charges that naturally Carnival can’t defend themselves. I truly can’t understand all the hostile post placed on this web site towards Carnival. Naturally some complaints are justified, but it appears to me that a majority of complaints are initiated by fellow patrons who just don’t fully understand the cruise industry and that Carnival is only providing a service for a fee and attempts to make a profit for services rendered.

As I previously posted, I love sailing Carnival and still believe that Carnival provides an EXCELLENT product especially for the fee they charge as compared to other cruise lines. Lets face it, as the economy improves, prices charged by the cruise industry will also increase and for those unwilling to pay a fair price for a cruise and tries to skimp every corner in order to pay less, in my opinion, shouldn’t be cruising !

God Bless Carnival !

A lot of people hate the champion, be they the Super Bowl winner, the World Series champ, or the most successful business in an industry, and most secretly wish they had a piece of the action. I like to pull for the underdog too, but I try not to take it out on the winner.

Its the same old thing you see everywhere. Most people would complain if they were given a hundered dollar bill. Anybody beside me work with people that are never ever happy? They are the same ones posting all of the negative crap. There is room for criticism in every review/posting, but usuaully it is just a bunch of complaints about silly things.

• 2 weeks later...
After a one month hiatus from visiting cruisecritic.com, I still notice the constant flow of dissatisfaction with Carnival Cruse Lines. I still read about how "some" still complain about an extra fee for eating a premium meal , those who attempt to sneak on alcohol and then complain when their alcohol is confiscated or a post of a letter from an ex-Carnival employee who after only two months of employment with Carnival trashed Carnival regarding unspecified charges that naturally Carnival can’t defend themselves. I truly can’t understand all the hostile post placed on this web site towards Carnival. Naturally some complaints are justified, but it appears to me that a majority of complaints are initiated by fellow patrons who just don’t fully understand the cruise industry and that Carnival is only providing a service for a fee and attempts to make a profit for services rendered.

As I previously posted, I love sailing Carnival and still believe that Carnival provides an EXCELLENT product especially for the fee they charge as compared to other cruise lines. Lets face it, as the economy improves, prices charged by the cruise industry will also increase and for those unwilling to pay a fair price for a cruise and tries to skimp every corner in order to pay less, in my opinion, shouldn’t be cruising !

God Bless Carnival !

The way I read today's bashing as you put it comes from two diverse souces. First from those who sailed Carnival or other cruise lines when there was a modicum of formality and hence civility to the experience. These folks miss that and are put off by the utter casual nature of the current experience.

The second line of complaints come from the down market crowd who is taken in by the brochures and stories about how exciting and luxurious crusing is. They arrive looking for an experience that simply is no longer being offered even thought the brochures would have you believe it was such. Hard not to complain when you were looking for a five star experience and you received an Apple bee's and Holiday Inn Express.

I do not expect a 5 star cruise experience from CCL and I don't get a 5 star product. Yet, it is a great vacation cruise for a great price and I get what I expect, a nice cruise experience. People should have the right to their opinions, especially on this type of forum.

Archived