Solstice C2 cabin better than 1A?

btak

We are a family of 4 cruising Celebrity for the first time on the Solstice in March. We recently booked cabin 9237 in category 1A. This morning I realized we could get a comparable cabin, 1247 in category C2, for $42 less than the 1A. Both cabins are located port side on the slant behind the hump with an oversized veranda, but the C2 is one deck higher, is a connecting room, and is the 3rd cabin behind the hump instead of the 1st. Am I missing something here, or is switching to the C2 the best choice?

We are a family of 4 cruising Celebrity for the first time on the Solstice in March. We recently booked cabin 9237 in category 1A. This morning I realized we could get a comparable cabin, 1247 in category C2, for $42 less than the 1A. Both cabins are located port side on the slant behind the hump with an oversized veranda, but the C2 is one deck higher, is a connecting room, and is the 3rd cabin behind the hump instead of the 1st. Am I missing something here, or is switching to the C2 the best choice?

I would definitely go for the C2, 1247. You will get all the extra perks in Concierge Class and also have the extra credit if you are starting to save points with Celebrity. The balcony on the C2 may also be a little bit larger. The connecting of the rooms is from the outside only, so that makes no difference.

No way. Stay where you are. In your original room, you have the pull down bunk from the ceiling. In CC, they only have the trundle bed.

We made that mistake on our first Solstice cruise (Room 1059). It makes the room so crowded and you can't get out to your balcony (or back in) when the trundle is out without stepping on/over it and almost breaking your neck.

For our second Solstice cruise we went with the 1A (Room 9155). And boy were we glad we did. We didn't care about any of the little "perks" that came with CC. Sure, the extra cruise credit is nice, but comfort and space are the most important. I will try to find a pic of the trundle pulled out so you can see just how tight it is.

Archived