Changing to MyTime dining onboard

jaykat

This week our balance is due for our cruise in January 2011 on FOS! When we booked, I hadnt yet done all the research about the dining options, but after spending much time reading Cruise Critic, I thought MyTime dining would suit us best (2 adults, 2 kids age 8&11).

When my husband called the travel agent to ask if we could have MyTime dining, she said that it is not available, that there is only one table left and it is for 3 people. She suggested we remain with the early seating for traditional dining, and once we are onboard we can try and change to MyTime dining.

So what are our chances? Is it fairly easy to change to MyTime dining once you are onboard?

Thanks!:)

If MTD is important to you, ask your agent if there is a waitlist. you may also want to check intermittently after final payment- somebody may cancel or switch to traditional. If you are still on early traditional on departure day, board as early as you can. Go to the dining room and check out you assigned table right away (maybe you will love your assigned spot and want to stay!). If you still want MTD, go straight to the MTD desk and try to sign up. MTD spots fill early on some sailings.

What am I missing here? Only one table left & it's for 3 people? Are they planning to seat everyone who requests MTD at the same time? This just doesn't make any sense to me...............

I could accept being told it isn't available but the reason given here is absurd!

I have to agree--sounds absurd. I never heard of a table for 3. Usually threesomes get seated at a table for 4. Also, since it's my time dining, how do they know when everyone is coming? I don't think they are reserving all the tables for the entire dinner hour for those who chose mytime dining.

Definitely watch the website and go to the dining room when you board.

You will not have any problem changing once onboard. We do this every time. The reason we do it this way is so that we don't have to prepay our gratuities (which you do have to if you book MTD). We use our OBC that our TA gives us to pay the gratuities.

But we've never had a problem switching from traditional to MTD. Just go to the maitre'd on the first day when you board and politely request it.

What am I missing here? Only one table left & it's for 3 people? Are they planning to seat everyone who requests MTD at the same time? This just doesn't make any sense to me...............

I could accept being told it isn't available but the reason given here is absurd!

The TA is feeding you a line of you know what, even the RCCL reps do not know how many slots or tables are left for any specific seating, so no way a TA is going to.

If you get no joy off your TA or RCCL, on our last cruise after check in there was a little stall for the restaurants.

(Before we boarded.)

I asked there and he just checked we had prepaid and added us to the list.

we had also been told it was full.

Hope it applies to your cruise.

g

Archived