Temperature onboard Avalon ships

stretchcruz

Anybody have any input as to how warm or cold they keep the Avalon ships? Are there individual temperature controls in the cabins? How warm/cold is the dining room? And lounges?

We are starting to pack, we leave next week on the Tranquility and are trying to decide about sweaters, polo shirts, etc.....I know the temps will be in the 60s/40s....

Thank you so much!

Yes, there are individual controls in each cabin which will keep your room cozy.

As for the other areas, I know that I am always comfortable (well, except when those darn hot flashes occur) on board. When we get back from touring, I get out of my walking shoes and wear sandals and have not had cold feet. Several of my dress blouses have a 3/4-length sleeve and I felt fine.

I hope you have a wonderful trip. Please post a review for us when you return!

Thanks....I wasn't planning on bringing sweaters (the hot flashes keep me quite comfortable without them thank you!!)....I am never cold anymore, and I used to always be cold! My husband got out stuff last night and he had only long sleeves and sweaters! I told him maybe he needed some short sleeves, thus the question today...at least I know if you were comfortable in 3/4 sleeves I should be too!

I"ll be sure to let everyone know how it went....last week we were wondering if we'd even be going, so didn't pack because of the toxic sludge. Looks a lot more hopeful now, so the stuff is out!

We were on the Artistry from the 19-Oct.1 . There were some nights when the dining room was freezing when we sat down. (and I'm always warm) But after the place filled up and I had a couple glasses of wine, I was fine. Take along a sweater or shawl just in case you need something more. I wore short sleeves most nights. My Dh wore a sweater or at least a long sleeve shirt every night. It was in the 50's outdoors.

The heat was not working in our room. Don't know if it was just our room or it just wasn't turned on ship wide. There were a couple nights when we wanted to just get the dampness out of the room. However, the comforter was EXTRA heavy, so the lack of heat didn't really matter.

Archived