Reserving excursion pre-cruise

psantho

I was going to reserve an excurion before my cruise and was suprised to see there was no option of having it added to my bill at the end of the cruise. Did I miss something, or are all pre-cruise excursions paid at the time of reservation? (I wanted to use my OBC to pay for the excursion)

Thanks for any information!

All pre cruise excursion reservations are paid at the time of reservation. If you absolutely want to do the excursion and do not want to chance it as you fear it may be popular, then book it, otherwise do it on the 1st day on the ship.

I have had to cancel a prebook cruise and I have quickly gotten the money credited back to my card so I do not mind prebooking.

In our case, we always spend more than our OBC when on a cruise so I am not worried that it will not be all used up.

Some OBC's are refundable. If after tips, provided you did not pre-pay them, most of the non-refundable OBC, which comes from the cruise line, will be used up. Then you end up with a credit applied to your credit card bill which washes out those prepaid shore excursions :D.

Archived