02/09/2010

Captain David Box.

Cruise director Paul Hancox

Second Cruise Director Mat

Matrerdee Darren

Hotel Director Alyn Baker

Pee wee

Dj Mat

Day 1. Cruise day great, We were the 10 th passengers on board.

What can say mmmmmm, we are on a ship it’s a great day a little over cast and we have sale away soon.

Good ol Vickie and family came down to see us off very nice of her.

I do like sailing out of Brisbane River and out through the Morton Bay in which case we saw seven whales on the way out very cool I think. And all ready met some very nice people.

Sail away all good and lots of drunkins lol I thought as I know tomorrow will not be smooth sailing 4 to 5 metre swell mmmm they will not be well, as hang over’s are not good for newbie’s when it rough lol , But not I, no hang over’s for me thanks.

As we have been on this ship many times, I thought I'd do a show and tell so people that hav'nt cruised can see photos of what goes on and of the ship.

Gate way Bridge, and The video man dacing at sail away.

Copy rights to Thied

Picture191.jpg?t=1287048363Picture190.jpg?t=1287048362

Picture188.jpg?t=1287048709Picture187.jpg?t=1287048709

Love the photos, Thied. What an amazing experience it must be sailing so close up to the Gateway Bridge. We have almost a year to wait before we set sail on the Pacific Dawn. Hope the weather is better than it was for your sailing. I hope we get to see the whales!

Look forward to reading much more of your review.

Jan

Day 3 at sea

Just another great day all decks open.

More great food from the dinning room,

What did we do today missed the face book as it was lunch time for the children and us in the dinning room as per the norm. Did I mention that we rarely eat any where else.

We saw the fashion show very nice.

Adult golf chipping, horse racing and BINGO.

Afternoon trivia very funny but we didn’t win o well still fun.

Cruise fair was great and with lots of samples of food and cocktails, wine towel animals and much more, next was the children’s country and western night, and then the adult’s country and western night at 8.30 pm.

There are lots on and we just can not do it all so we do some thing different every cruise well try to any way.

A bit of what’s on today, there is Wine Tasting, trivia, solo travellers get together, murder mystery, James and the pacific show band, and much more.

WELL yes all decks are open even the front one and just a little windy

copy right to Thied

Love the photos, Thied. What an amazing experience it must be sailing so close up to the Gateway Bridge. We have almost a year to wait before we set sail on the Pacific Dawn. Hope the weather is better than it was for your sailing. I hope we get to see the whales!

Look forward to reading much more of your review.

Jan

thank you now I have found photo bucket I can realy play:D

Day 4.Up and at em Isle of Pines.:D

WE have been there a few time and all ways had a great time.

More food at the dinning room for breakfast and then off to the island all good $10 lobsters still there we bought two and swimming and just another great at the Isle of Pines, o well back to the ship for lunch in the dinning room,( gee for those who played bingo and you would know what 15 ment lol) sorry just a funny story I will tell later.

After lunch back to the island We just can not get enough of it sorry mmmm no IM not sorry lol.

Back on the ship every nice sailing tonight, aaaannnd dinner in the dinning and In the show lounge BOOGIE SHOES another great show,

Picture328.jpg?t=1287092489Picture330.jpg?t=1287092524Picture331.jpg?t=1287092581Picture332.jpg?t=1287092608

There doesn't look like many people were swimming, how hot was it?
I am working on some photo's of the other beach where most people swim and as I do not post Photos of us its taking a little while to sort out sorry, its was 28c.

Day 5,

MORE great in the dinning room as per norm, as you may have gathered we only eat in the dinning.

Well today its Mystery island yahoo, and has per the norm great, and a lovely sunny day and hot. Here we found that they sale lobsters as well and great swimming and lots of markets way bigger then vila.

Show tonight is Tribute to Ricky May very well done. And dinner in Palm court as per the norm.

Picture379.jpg?t=1287139829Picture406.jpg?t=1287139862Picture409.jpg?t=1287140150

Just for the wine drinkers you can only buy bottles of wine from Palm court but you have to have one class from the bottle to take it with you, you can also buy bottles of wine from café Del sole and they are UN opened bottles as well. You can not buy bottles of wine from any other bar, only classes of wine at $9 per class.

Day 6.

Arrrrr Port vila nice sunny day not like last time in June all rainy,

For those who have not been here just a little info about Port Vila/Vanuatu and just Thought it was interesting.

Port Vila is the largest city of Vanuatu on the Island of Efate

The name Vanuata means OUR LAND.

Vanuata was discovered in 1606 by the Portuguese and was part of a group of islands called Melanesia, and was forgotten for around 160 years, then first visited by Bougainville in 1778 and Captain Cook in 1774. It was then run under a joint British and French governments from 1906 until it became independent in 1980 when it was name Vanuatu

Population is about 40000 people and that’s about 65% of the provinces population as the last census was in 1999.

Bislama is then main language and is spoken by every one. They al so speak English and French in most of the province There are 148 different native dialects in the Vanuatu provinces and surrounding Islands.

The port was the same as in June and then off town, we met some people in town who managed to score a bus $10 each for 5 hrs tour around Vila and some all good,

We did different things this time and each time we go to Vila that’s what we try to do some thing different , Tanna coffee how good is that and must visit place and a working coffee factory small but great, and the villages and the great views.

Then back to town for shopping,

And palm court for dinner all good as per the norm.

Show to night was the Pirates of the Pacific very well done and we had the keys under our seats so We got to go on stage as part of the act as many of you have seen the show, and no photo’s were allowed to be taken.

The view from our mini suite of the port

Picture606.jpg?t=1287200051Picture597.jpg?t=1287200110Picture601.jpg?t=1287200147

Down Town port Vila and the markets down town water front. and IM very sorry about some Photo's have swirls in them as I/we do believe in putting OUR family or OUR childrens Photo's should be put on the net, sorry IT IS JUST WHAT WE THINK.

Picture595-1.jpg?t=1287202300Picture588.jpg?t=1287202332

Tanna Coffee factory in port Vila

You can buy in Villa AT the factory and $8 per bag and you can bring it in Australia and you can buy it Australia , If any one wants there web site just ask I do hope that is ok with managment?

Picture572.jpg?t=1287204987Picture570.jpg?t=1287205095Picture575.jpg?t=1287205125

Archived