Pride Help

luvofthecruise

I love reading the various reasons folks choose to sail on a particular ship. This will be only my 3rd cruise (and the first for my teens) and I've always chosen a cruise based on price/itinerary and in this case, port of departure! I don't even think i could recall the decor on my last 2 cruises.;)

I think we'll make the most of the artwork...it'll be an art/history lesson for the kids without having to travel to Florence or Paris!

I'm looking forward to actually getting on the Pride and seeing for myself what all this dark and dreary talk is about! I'm guessing my kids won't even notice!

I don't think anyone cruises on Carnival for the "Decor" if you have been on any of the othe rlines I think you would understand what I mean. RCCL does have a ship out of Baltimore too. For Winter Break if we had booked RCCL's ships at paid the listed prices for a suite it would of only been $400 more and the cruise is 9 nights, 8 days instead of 7nights 6 days. Granted that ship is one of the older ones and doesn't have as much as many of the other RCCL ships but then again neither does the Pride. I only booked the pride becasue with the credits I'm paying about $1,000.00 and I know I will not be taking Carnival this summer. Still debating on what line I should take. Going to take something out of NYC/NJ though. It's wonderful the ships docks early and we are home by 9:00 am the latest.

Just a warning the Pride runs late coming into port that is odd compaired to most trips - this is due to it coming up the bay instead of the ocean. Course they could do the two sea days at the end and make sure they get in on time but that would be too easy, LOL. They could be delayed going down too I suppose, espically in the winter when I'm going. Probably will be tons of snow on the ground. 4.5 hour drive for me with kids - going to be awful but for the price I can't complain.

When are you on Fantasy this Summer? We are going in July. :D
We're sailing August 13. We're trying to figure out if we can add on to each end of our vacation to spend some time in Charleston - one son wants to visit Fort Sumter, DH wants to see the Hunley, and I want to visit the Yorktown.

I just got back from my second trip on the Pride. I've also cruised on Carnival Imagination, Triumph, and Destiny, and the Pride is my favorite ship. Both times, especially this last week (10/10 - 10/17), the ship was as close to immaculate as it could get with over 2,000 partying passengers doing their best to muck it up.

As far as the decor goes, I love it. I love all the paintings and murals, and I really like the lighting, which may be darker in some areas, but it's definitely not drab or dull. I think the ship has a very elegant feel.

As with any Carnival ship I've been on, all staff and crew we encountered were super-friendly, polite, and just great. I don't know if it's just that my last two cruises were on the Pride, but the room stewards and wait staff we've had on the ship stand out in our memories.

Living outside Baltimore, it is very convenient to cruise from Baltimore on the Pride, but my DH and I are already talking about another cruise on the Pride in the future, because of the great experiences we've had.

On a side note, I heard at least two older people mention that the "ship sure has a lot of nude pictures". I resisted the temptation to tell them that the pictures and murals are either reproductions of classical paintings or in the style of classical paintings. It's all very tasteful, and I think it adds to the ambiance. It's not like you're walking around inside a <insert name of girlie magazine here> magazine or anything! I will try to post pics of the ship interior, if I have any good ones.

I also heard from some of the staff that the Pride will be going to dry-dock soon - within the next 2 or 3 weeks maybe? I don't know the details, though.

Well enjoy, whatever you decide to do.

Archived