Do we need to prebook driver???

Booked

We've never visited Roatan and we're still not sure what we want to do there. We're uncertain about weather and how we'll feel after our other ports of call.

Do we need to prebook a driver now before leaving for our cruise? Or can we be spontaneous and hire a driver at the pier once we leave the ship?

Thanks

There are lots of taxis at both ports in Roatan, so you can easily arrange transportation once you get there. You can probably work out a better price if you walk a little away from the port (or at Mahogany Bay, if you walk out past the gated area). Definitely get out exploring though, Roatan is a beautiful island!

There are lots of taxis in the port area - but some of the independent operators aren't allowed down there, so I agree with islandflavor, walking out through the gate you might find a better deal. I would check out Victor Bodden or Rony and see about prebooking just in case. You don't pay until you take the tour. If you check their websites - just google Victor Bodden tours Roatan or Rony's tours Roatan, you see what kinds of stuff there is to do. We've done tours with both and they were both great! We've checked out the iguana farm, my son has ziplined, shopped downtown, visited an orphanage and had beach time at Bananarama.

Good luck whatever you decide!

There are lots of taxis at both ports in Roatan, so you can easily arrange transportation once you get there. You can probably work out a better price if you walk a little away from the port (or at Mahogany Bay, if you walk out past the gated area). Definitely get out exploring though, Roatan is a beautiful island!

Great answer!

Don't miss exploring Roatan - even if the weather is not great. Different parts of the island can have different weather and the rain often comes and goes quickly. We use ronystours every time. He has the best drivers - they are so friendly. They will take you anywhere you want to go - he has lots of suggestions on his website. The monkeys and ziplines are great!

I agree with everyone. Be sure and get out of the main dock areas and explore this beautiful island. We were there last November and it is now one of my favorite ports and it was one of my favorite port days in 14 cruises.

Have fun on your cruise.:):):)

Archived