cruise our of SAN JUAN, PR..PLEASEPLEASE HELP!!!

aprilmay85

Hi from Central NY!! A group of us are taking Continental out of Syracuse.. Where will you be flying from?

We did this cruise out of San Juan twice. We live east of the 1000 islands and fly out of Syracuse all the time. We did Delta, changed at JFK and flew direct to Puerto Rico. (Delta always gives us the best rates out of Syracuse. The only time we do not fly out of Syracuse is to go to Europe. We drive to Boston and go out to Europe on Delta-cheapest way-JFK is always a couple hundred more than Boston.)

Fly in 2 days early (it's a mad house the day before when everyone else arrives for cruises)

There is a ton of pictures of this cruise - we did it on the Destiny in 2007 and the Victory in 2009 on our website

email me for the link ritasusan@aol.com

Trying to find flights to SJ from Boston right now for 2/19/11 cruise.

Flights with decent flying times are hovering around $ 900+ -:(

Balcony cabin did not cost this much. If cost doesn't come down

we may be looking at an all inclusive this year.

We just paid $759 to fly to Milan Italy from Boston on Delta the first week in Dec. Where are you pricing your flight? We go direct to the carrier website and not through a 3rd party booking

Trying to find flights to SJ from Boston right now for 2/19/11 cruise.

Flights with decent flying times are hovering around $ 900+ -:(

Balcony cabin did not cost this much. If cost doesn't come down

we may be looking at an all inclusive this year.

I wouldn't panic yet - it's the holiday's so flights will be more than they'd otherwise be - but some airlines, like Jet Blue hasn't even opened up their schedule for December 2011 yet. And once more flights are up, the prices will drop a bit. We booked the December 2010 leg of our flight from NYC to Puerto Rico in April, i think, within days of the Jet Blue schedule opening up. Cruising Jan 2nd, so we were able to fly the during the week between Xmas and New Years and had a bit of flexibility about when and where we flew to. At the time, I thought we'd do even better with our return flight as it would be a week after the holidays - but it turns out it's really challenging to find a good flight out of San Juan on a Sunday cause that's when everyone is leaving.

oops. for some reason i read that as 12/19/2011 the first time instead of 2/19/2011...so basically, whatever i said wasn't relevant at all. sorry.

ok so we want to book our honeymoon on the victory out of san juan puerto rico. we have been on many cruises but always out of ft. lauderdale & just use southwest from NY to FL. my question is..how do we fly to san juan?!!? what airline do you use to get over there ?? pleaseplease help!! any experience will be helpful!! thank you

We fly on Delta all the time, lots of ffmiles!! No matter what airline you choose, go atleast a day eariler and better yet 2 days early, never know when there will be delays! Have a fun honeymoon, we were in San Juan for our honeymoon too along with other ports, that was in the dark ages lol

thank you for all your quick responses!! we would be flying out of albany airport. I have never flown out of the US so I didnt know if I had to take connection flights...Ill try searching!! does anyone have any past experiences or stories about taking a cruise out of san juan?? the price was pretty cheap & we want to take our honeymoon on a southern cruise!!! thanks again!!!

We have flowen to San Juan twice from Albany using US Air. Depending on when you are traveling we have found the there is not that big of a difference between coach and first class when you factor in paying for bags on coach and not in first. We connected through Philly both times.

If I had known how much of a mad house the SJU airport was going to be on the last day they kick you off off (how rude!) I would've stayed an extra day. Just make a mental note of that. There had to have been 3 or 4 other boats unloading passengers at the same time. Then hussle them to the same airport, it was pure chaos. But in the end it was well worth it for the itinerary of Carnival Victory.

We flew direct from Orlando to SJU.

Archived