Please Help... First time cruiser!

nwnate

I am looking to book my first cruise and was curious if I should visit Grand Caymen and Jamaica or Grand Caymen and Cozumel. It will be a 5 day cruise on carnival. Please let me know what you think and any tips or advice. Thanks.:)

is a good choice but I am not aware of a five day cruise that goes to Jamaica. Am I missing something? From what I hear Grand Cayman is still pretty devestated from last year's hurricanes so I am personally staying away from that port for at leat the next year.

If your choice is between Cozumel and Jamaica, I would vote for Cozumel. While Jamaica is a beautiful island, I wouldn't think it safe if you were not on a chapperoned excursion. Cozumel, on the other hand, has so many things you can do on your own and still feel completely safe.

Cozumel. We had the best time there. If you like to dive or snorkel or want to try it, this will hook you for life. Second only to the great barrier reef, it's STUNNING down there!!

So much to do, has great pier area, you don't have to do anything if you don't want to, you can go to paradise beach, hang out at the shops, the bars. It's all fun and I believe pretty darn safe. I am not sure the same can be said for Jamaica. I believe you need to be a little more cautious there.

I too would choose Grand Cayman/Cozumel over Grand Cayman/Jamaica. I thought Cozumel was much friendlier and, in my opinion, safer. That being said, you might also want to consider the two ships you are deciding between...maybe that consideration would tip the balance one way or the other? Whichever you choose.....go and have a good time!

Archived