Pub Crawl

mcfreck

I did the pub crawl on the Jewel in May. It was a ton of fun i'd definitely recommend it. We started out at bar central and then hit about 5-6 bars on our way up to the pool bar then ended in the Spinnaker. We did some kind of contest at each stop and the winner won an extra drink! Be prepared to have about 6 drinks in less than an hour. Its worth it and also alot of fun and you get to know your fellow bar crawlers too.

We have done a few ;) bar crawls, and the drinks they serve you are generally very light (either watered down or small). Not like drinking 5 or 6 martinis... If they offer a pub crawl on your cruise it will be listed in the daily or you can ask the cruise director when and where and they will be happy to tell you. Generally a very good time, sometimes raucous, always entertaining if you are not a "prude".. One of my favorite things to do on a ship, makes me feel "young" (at heart at least). :D. You might check your roll call to see if there is one planned just for cruise critics..

Haven't sailed out of Venice yet, but in Barcelona they are very lenient about boarding with wine. We have never had to pay a corkage fee there. But in case you do, just bring it in your carry-on luggage and be prepared to pay $15 per bottle. Have a great cruise!

Robin

I did the pub crawl on the Sky in January - all of the drinks were fruity. I'm a beer person so I wasn't all that happy. Was still fun though.

Most of ours started with a Boilermaker (whiskey was watered down though) and ended with a beer game - last time it was flip cup. It was very funny watching us "older folks" playing along side the young 'uns who definitely had advantage in the game :D. Also, the last one took well over two hours, there were a LOT of people, we took over Karaoke for a little while, and yes, there were a lot of fruity, sweet drinks in the middle!

Robin

Okay I'm embarrassed to admit this.... but I can't drink like I used to... I now get migraines after 2 strong drinks (maybe an allergy or something????). Would I be able to tag along with my husband while HE does the pub crawl and sip off his drinks? :o Or are they so watered down that I'd be able to handle it? I know its a silly question...

Archived