Port Canaveral and where to stay

finch12

Thank PH8. I never considered Orlando. Not sure why.

Give me Orlando over Cocoa Beach any day. We usually stay in Orlando when going out of PC but in August we decided to stay at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. Boring town and the Doubletree was not that nice at all. Rooms outdated. Also, we tried Fish Lips. Did not like the food and it seemed dirty.

Give me Orlando over Cocoa Beach any day. We usually stay in Orlando when going out of PC but in August we decided to stay at the Doubletree in Cocoa Beach. Boring town and the Doubletree was not that nice at all. Rooms outdated. Also, we tried Fish Lips. Did not like the food and it seemed dirty.

True, Cocoa beach is not all that exciting.

But, generally, it seems many from the Roll Call are staying at Radisson and we arrange to meet poolside the night before the cruise, and then the trip to the terminal is very short in the morning. The last couple times we had a blast at a pre cruise get together.

Just stayed in the Radisson Oct 2nd. It was our third stay there and ww were totally disappointed this time. We live close by, but enjoy not rushing out the door to make our cruise. Plus, we normally have family & friends come into town and it's easier getting the group together in one place.

Anyway, the Radisson staff messed up our transport to the ship and it took three tries to finally get it right. This was after we had booked the rooms and shuttle 8 months in advance and followed up 30 days prior with a phone call to make sure it was all set (traveling with a group of 13 means being a little proactive). They also lost one of the rooms in the booking, didn't give us any buffet vouchers for breakfast, and didn't give us placards to place on our vehicles (cruise n stay). They later stated that the placards don't matter, but explain that to people who see other cars with them and are convinced they will be towed.

Our next trip out, we are going to try a different hotel.

Thanks Donna for the info. We are flying just after noon the the Saturday before. We are planning to visit the beach upon arrival. My main concern was the drive time. But cost is also important. The hotels are like twice the price @ CocoaBeach vs. Melbourne. Our cruise isn't until June 2011 so I have a few month to decide. Extended Drivetime+ no scenery= lower cost hotels. Minimal drive time+scenery= higher priced hotels.

Have you also taking into account the cost of parking at the pier as apposed to free parking at one of the hotels in Cocoa beach.:confused:

Have you also taking into account the cost of parking at the pier as apposed to free parking at one of the hotels in Cocoa beach.:confused:

We are flying in on Saturday and renting a car for a day. I found the best deal with Thrifty that allows me to rent at MCO and return at Cape Canaveral. So no parking for us.

We stayed at the Radisson the night before our recent 4 night on the Monarch, and we were thrilled. When I made the reservation for the room, I booked us on the 11am shuttle, which went off without a hitch. We got a voucher at check in which was good for $20 towards breakfast, which we ordered from room service, and it was hot, delicious, and delivered right on time. The bed, by the way, was really comfy. And our car was right where we left it when we got back, without any hangtags or anything.

Honestly, when I saw the scrum of people at the parking lot and waiting on the rental car shuttles there at the port, I was really glad we decided to go with shuttling from the hotel.

We'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

KC

Archived