Paradise Tom Question

4marty4

Hi Tom,

I am going to be in Cozumel with my 2 kids, ages 11 (boy) and 14 (girl) during the week of March 12-19. I think I might be there on the 17th. There are 8 other ships in port during that day.

I plan on taking a taxi with my 2 kids right at 9:00 am or so when we arrive.

My question is: Where about from Canada do you originate from as we are from Toronto.

My second question is: Is there usually quite a few kids around for my 11 year old son to socialize with? He is a weird kid and has to be "entertained" 24-7. My daughter on the other hand will gladly hang with me. She generally gets mistaken for someone much older. She is pretty mature etc...

I am looking forward to our first visit there and after reading all the reviews I have decided that this would be the most fun to spend a day in Cozumel. I think we are in port from 7-11pm, we are on the Splendour of the Seas.

My husband is a "stick in the mud" and refuses to try cruising so I said "oh well see ya later". What is a nice place that you would recommend to stay at for a week nearby for a family vacation?

I guess thats 3 questions. If your from Toronto area I would be happy to bring something down from home for you. Like maybe a local magazine or something.

Please let me know.

Marty

:)

Hi Marty, I was born and raised in Mtl and moved to T.O. in '81. I've been living in Cozumel for the past 8 years.

With 8 ships in port, we'll generally get a few families in, so your son will have playmates...guaranteed!

For lots of reviews and info on Cozumel hotels, I recommend checking out http://travelnotes.cc/. They're kind of the "Cruise Critic" for the Mayan Riviera hotel crowd with a fairly active bulletin board as well.

If you could pick up a "Toronto Life" magazine, I would appreciate it (and pay you for it, of course!). See you all soon!

Archived