3 weeks from today but whos counting!

4marty4

I cannot believe that it is only 3 weeks from today and I will be on the Spendour of the Seas. I still have no clue as to which airline we are travelling with and what time we will arrive in Tampa.

I am a little concerned with what to pack for my son to wear to dinner etc....he is only 11 years old. I have cruised before without the kids and I wonder if the kids have to get really dressed up at dinner etc...I don't want to have to go out and buy a suit for a formal night or 2. Would he be okay with some non-denim pants and a nice shirt? As for my 14 year old daughter, would she be okay with just a skirt or dress pants and a nice blouse? Or should we plan on ordering room service. I have cruised before but never paid much attention to the rugrats as mine weren't with me.

Is there a Johnny Rockets on board the Splendour of the Seas? Or is it just for the bigger ships?

The only rule I have told my kids is that they have to sit with me at dinner as my DH will not be joining us and I don't want to sit alone at a table for 4. Is it possible to arrange for a larger table when I get there? I would like to meet and socialize with others and wouldn't mind being seated with another family. How do they work this?

Thanks and if any one is going on this trip, please let me know.

Happy Sailing,

Marty

MARTY...i have a couple of pointers for you, the kids will be just fine with the dress options that you haver for them...and when you get on the ship on embarkation day go to the main dinning room and request that you be placed at a large table...this is done all of the time...i'm a little concerned about the airline stuff...not knowing who your air carrier is only 3 weeks out is a little scarey...do you have the air sea package or are you booking your own air...if you are booking your own air you may want to get booking yesterday...the clock is ticking on the 3 of you...i can't answer the johnny rockets question...i think they are only on the voyager class ship...but not certin...HAVE A GREAT TIME WITH YOUR KIDS THEY WILL REALLY LIKE CRUISING..

Thank you for the info. Ibooked through a TA but he says that we don't usually find out how we're flying until about 2 weeks before. That I don't like.

I will go the first night and ask for a bigger table, that way when the kids take off and leave me I won't have to sit alone.

Thanks,

Marty

When you board the ship, go by the dining room at that time to see if someone is there to help you with dining arrangements. Don't wait until that evening, do it as soon as you can.

Sounds as if you've booked the air through the cruise line via your TA. If you're arriving the same day as the ship leaves, this is the way to go IMO. As I understand it, if they book the air, they guarentee that you'll make the ship. Personally I always book my own airfare and arrive a day early. Of course, I don't have young children in tow so for us that's the best option. If I were taking the kiddies, I'd probably do it just like you have done.

I don't believe the Splendor has a JR's. I believe they added a JR's to the Soveriegn we they refurbrished her but otherwise I think JR's is only on the Voyager class ships.

I booked my air thur RCI two years ago and received by docs about two week prior to flying - I never checked if we had assigned seats. Going down was no problem but returning we were placed on stand by because they oversold the flight - since we were on stand by and the plane was overweight they took our bags off the plane - what a nightmare. I do know that my flight to FL (Leaving on 3-12) is fully booked. Make sure your TA gets you assigned seat there and back.

Thank you for the info. Ibooked through a TA but he says that we don't usually find out how we're flying until about 2 weeks before. That I don't like
Wow.....I think you need a better TA! :) I always have my flight information long (months)before I have my cruise docs.

Also, you can make a request for a larger table as part of your cruise reservation with RCI. Given the previous information about your TA, I would suggest you do this with RCI customer service. Previous posters are correct, your table assignment will be printed on your SeaPass card. So, go to the dining room see what's up and then ask when the Matre' D is going to be available if you would like to request a change.

Good Luck and have a Great Cruise!

Archived