What has been your favorite?

aklarsen

Getting ready to book shore excursions for my upcoming Voyager of the Seas sailing. I am traveling with 4 kids 17-20 and want to do something more than sit on a beach. What have you all done that you enjoyed in the following ports: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel?

Also I know I want to do a dolphin encounter. Which port would have the best option to actually swim with the dolphins?

• 3 weeks later...
Getting ready to book shore excursions for my upcoming Voyager of the Seas sailing. I am traveling with 4 kids 17-20 and want to do something more than sit on a beach. What have you all done that you enjoyed in the following ports: Honduras, Belize, and Cozumel?

Also I know I want to do a dolphin encounter. Which port would have the best option to actually swim with the dolphins?

I think Cozumel at Chankanaab is your best best for a dolphin encounter. Check out Cozumel Insider dot com for a coupon for discounted entry. @$10 taxi ride from the pier at Puerto Maya. It's a great park in addition to the dolphin encounter with a nice beach for decent snorkeling, replicas of ruins, a sea lion show, etc. Very attentive service and wonderful food and drink! We were there 2 weeks ago and loved it (didn't do the dolphin encounter though)

Roatan Honduras: zipline, monkeys, snorkel....contact one of the private operators like Bodden or Rony (search these board for lots of good recommendations) and set up your day your way.

Belize: cave tubing with ATV excursion

That's what I would do with a group of kids that age....and love every second of it myself!:D

Definately contact Ronystours.com We tour with his company every time we are in Roatan. I have a daughter in that age range. Ideal day - Visit the monkey stop, then South Shore Canopy(great Zipline), then relax the day away at Infinity or Mayan Princess. Something for everyone. Rony's is great because you get your own vehicle with guide for the entire day. It's really nice to go on your own schedule. He offers outstanding service. We highly recommend him.

Roatan; Last week on Epic with Victor Bodden. Glass bottom boat and snorkeling, lunch, sun and a little more snorkeling at Half Moon Bay, then zip lining at South Shore.

Belize; definitly cave tubing, and from what I heard is you can also combine it with zip line through a cave and rappeling.

Cozumel; Dolphins

The only one I might consider booking through the ship would be Cozumel if you can't find it online. In most cases you will save $$$ booking on your own.

Getting ready to book shore excursions for my upcoming Voyager of the Seas sailing. I am traveling with 4 kids 17-20 and want to do something more than sit on a beach.

When are you going?!?!? We will be on Voyager (with the same ports) at the end of December. Travelling companions include my husband, our 12yo son and my 60ish parents.

We are going to do the cave tubing/zipline combo in Belize. Considering booking through an independent company since I've read SO many wonderful things about it and it costs A LOT less $$$$

http://cavetubing.bz/

My husband and I want to SNUBA in Roatan (we've NEVER SCUBA or snorkled!) Don't know what son and grandpartents are going to do....

Still deciding on Cozumel...maybe an all inclusive beach break somewhere my son can kayak (his only request!)

Archived