Christmas Gift is cruise

shines57

My parents are graciously giving our family a cruise for Christmas - we set sail on 12/26. We are flying into port on Christmas morning. Since DH and I are planning on doing some really fun excursions with the kids (DS is 10 and DD is 8), we aren't planning to get them any Christmas gifts. Kicker is that they don't know they are going on this cruise. All we've told them is we're going to CALIF for Christmas to go to a Carnival - so they have visions of ferris wheels, roller coasters etc. Then on Dec 26th when we show up in the port, they will see Carnival on the ship and hopefully it all makes sense.

BUT....I want to be able to give them something to open up on Christmas morning that is a hint of what we're about to do. I saw this 3D puzzle of a Carnival cruise ship that my 10 yr old would love but that would just give it away in a heart beat. Then I thought of a barbie or polly pocket cruise ship thing - but that's awfully big for luggage..

Thought of giving them new bathing suits and suntan lotion but I can hear it now.

So...need some ideas of what to give them. My son is totally into legos but I couldn't find a ship made of legos.

Help!!!!

Wow! I love it. Last year we did a New Year's cruise and had t-shirts made up with the cruise date and ports. We wrapped them up and gave them to the kids for Christmas. It was fun to watch their faces as they 'read' the t-shirt.

If your excursions are going to be the highlight, then maybe give them a small 'token' gift that gives a clue about the excursions. If you're going parasailing, then maybe a little man with a parachute like the kind you get out of a gum ball machine.

You could also order gifts from Carnival before you cruise.

If you go to the lego's website there are two ships - but they're both like pirate ships (Brickbeard's Bounty and Imperial Flagship).

On to other gift ideas - if they like to swim you could (like tmitchell82) suggested get them snorkel gear. If they question that you can say that it could be used during your trip to CA.

Some other gift ideas - clothes that they could wear on the cruise - maybe outfits for elegant night. - underwater disposable cameras or regular disposable cameras. - small games or puzzle books for the trip. - a tote bag with little things that can be used on the cruise like sunglasses, sunscreen, new beach towels.

Custom lanyards for their S&S Cards (DD (13) has one with dolphin beads that is really cool and DS(16) has his favorite sport teams)

Fun Sunglasses

Underwater Disposable Camera

New Swim Suits/Cover Ups

New Outfits for Elegant Night (plus jewelry/hair pieces for DD)

Ball cap for DS

Sand Toys if you are going to the beach

Fun flip flops/sandals

Binoculars

tote/duffle bags

Travel Games

I have also had gifts from Bon Voyage delivered to the room for DH and the kids

My parents are graciously giving our family a cruise for Christmas - we set sail on 12/26. We are flying into port on Christmas morning. Since DH and I are planning on doing some really fun excursions with the kids (DS is 10 and DD is 8), we aren't planning to get them any Christmas gifts. Kicker is that they don't know they are going on this cruise. All we've told them is we're going to CALIF for Christmas to go to a Carnival - so they have visions of ferris wheels, roller coasters etc. Then on Dec 26th when we show up in the port, they will see Carnival on the ship and hopefully it all makes sense.

BUT....I want to be able to give them something to open up on Christmas morning that is a hint of what we're about to do. I saw this 3D puzzle of a Carnival cruise ship that my 10 yr old would love but that would just give it away in a heart beat. Then I thought of a barbie or polly pocket cruise ship thing - but that's awfully big for luggage..

Thought of giving them new bathing suits and suntan lotion but I can hear it now.

So...need some ideas of what to give them. My son is totally into legos but I couldn't find a ship made of legos.

Help!!!!

Do they have a portable DVD player or Nintendo DS etc? If so, how about a movie or video game along the lines of Pirates of the Carribean? It would have the added bonus of help entertaining on the plane.

Archived