Morningstar Beach in St. Thomas??

DeRon

There is no pool at morningstar beach. Everyone seems to go to sapphire or meagan's bay. personally we love morningstar because of no crowds. ther is a nice bar there and the food is good. We spent our hoeymoor on Morningstar so we have a sentimental attachment . Last cruise there were only about 20 people and a few iguanas there. it's one of the best kept secrets in Saint Thomas!

The only pool is up at The Marriott (frenchman's reef) which is some distance from the actual beach area. I have no idea whether you can use their pool. There used to be a glass enclosed elevator that took you from the beach to the pool area.

Our experience with Morningstar was that they sell the chairs to the cruisers, then the guests at the hotel were upset (understandably so) that there were no chairs for them. Lots of aggressive iguanas there, too.

If there are not a lot of ships in, try Meaghan's Bay. We spent Christmas day there, with five ships in. Chairs were practically on top of each other, long, long waits for food at the single food stand. I understand that Sapphire Beach can be the same.

For my money, I'm either heading to St. John's or staying on the ship if St. Thomas appears on a future itinerary. Been there, done it too many times.

Archived