Mx Riveria beach day for large group

Johnsmomma

I am heading to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo in November with a group of 24. The organizer would like one of these days to be a group beach day. Although Puerto Vallarta seems to have the most options after my research- this port day is also the one where people would like to do excursions on their own. Can anyone tell me of an excellent choice for a "beach day" with such a large group in either Mazatlan or Cabo? :confused:

Thanks

I'm thinking Medano Beach in Cabo might be your best bet. There are several bars and restaurants that line the beach and there is all types of beach equipment that can be rented ie.... kayaks, etc.

Once you get off the tender you can either all catch several water taxi's over there or catch land taxi's. I'm not a fan of the water taxi's as you have to jump off the end or front of the little boat into a bit of water. You can get land taxi's by following the boardwalk around to the main area. Once you see Solomon's Landing Restaurant ask someone to point you in the direction of a taxi. We paid $6.00 for a taxi to Medano Beach.

Perhaps some others can chime in as to where on Medano you might want to go. You could have them drop you off at the Office Restaurant and just walk through and out to the beach and take a stroll and see what appeals. This is the main beach in Cabo and has an excellent view across the bay of Los Arcos.

I am heading to Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo in November with a group of 24. The organizer would like one of these days to be a group beach day. Although Puerto Vallarta seems to have the most options after my research- this port day is also the one where people would like to do excursions on their own. Can anyone tell me of an excellent choice for a "beach day" with such a large group in either Mazatlan or Cabo? :confused:

Thanks

Medano Beach is nicknamed "No Gracias Beach" There are many vendors there that will constantly hound you for a sale. If you do decide to go to Medano stay up closer to the bars because the vendors tend to walk along the front of the beach closer to the water. Billygan,The Office & Mango are all about the same. Food is just so,so beer is $15 for a bucket of 6. Umbrellas & chairs are free with purchase. Stay away from the watered down Tequilla shots & surgery jello shots. You'll go back to the ship broke & without a buzz.

i would take a good look at stone island. excellent for a large group. it is very laid back. no need to try to bbok excursions ahead of time. your group can pick and choose what they want to do and book once they get there. there is boogie boarding, banana boats. atv rental, horses, etc. it is extremely easy to get to. a quick walk left out of the gates once you leave the terminal and a quick ride on a water taxi and you are there! more detailed directions are posted all over the threads if you search "stone island" info. we were a group of 14 ranging in age from 6 to 48. everyone loved stone island! it is not fancy so you do need to keep that in mind when booking for a group. there are several simple restaurants right on the beach. if you camp out at one for they day they will be happy to let you use there shade and chairs/lounges.just buy a little food and drink and they will be happy to host uou for the day. lettys and victors are thge most popular but others are available. there is also a place called bengies that is located off by itself. i have read good things about them. very laid back, almost no venders bugging you. either way stone island is a great beach. very genle slope so you can walk way out in the water and still be only waist deep. great sandy bottom, no rocks-excellent for kids and boogy boarding. it was a very relaxing day away from the crowds/noise of the cruise ship. simple to get to. very inexpensive. check out stone island, you will love it. enjoy your trip!

Archived