Anyone take ncl scuba dive in belize?

swanny727

My husband will be doing the NCL 2 - tank dive in Belize. Anyone know where the dive shop is located? Website info says a boat will pick you up at your ship and take you to the dive shop. I am wondering if I can tag along on the boat ride and spend the time in the area of the dive shop? Is it located on the mainland, or one of the islands, close to a restaurant etc? Thanks

My husband will be doing the NCL 2 - tank dive in Belize. Anyone know where the dive shop is located? Website info says a boat will pick you up at your ship and take you to the dive shop. I am wondering if I can tag along on the boat ride and spend the time in the area of the dive shop? Is it located on the mainland, or one of the islands, close to a restaurant etc? Thanks

It's been 4-5 years since we did this dive, but I believe Hugh Parkey was the tour operator then. On our excursion they didn't take any "bubble watchers":) only certified divers. Then there wasn't anything around that you could do other than dive. It was just a small out island. The dive boat picks you up at the ship and takes you out into the ocean to the dive sites. You didn't go to the mainland. The diving wasn't bad, but Honduras was better. :D

Our family did the 'Discover Scuba' dive through NCL and Hugh Parkey in Belize and we went to their dive centre for instruction and there was a store and a restaurant there. We were picked up at the ship and if I remember correctly, we met another dive boat halfway there and the passengers doing the certified dive transferred over, so I think ImADaneFan's experience is typical for the two tank dives.

What we did find was that since we were picked up and dropped off at the ship, we were among the first passengers off in the morning, and we were brought directly back afterwards, so we had plenty of time to take a tender over to the main port area when we got back.

What are your cruise dates? The wife and I are on the Oct 24 but with the hurricane down there I think we might not be doing the crusie schedule as planned

We are diving the atoll then Roatan possible the Vandenberg in Key West unless fantasy fest is happening

David Millie

What are your cruise dates? The wife and I are on the Oct 24 but with the hurricane down there I think we might not be doing the crusie schedule as planned

We are diving the atoll then Roatan possible the Vandenberg in Key West unless fantasy fest is happening

David Millie

We are going in Nov. Hope your trip is not inconvenienced too much by "Richard". Yes, you will be there for Fantasy Fest Oct 22 - 31. We are cruising with 6 other people so Belize will be the only dive this time. We did a 2-tank with Anthony's Key, in Roatan several years ago.

ImADaneFan -- "bubble watchers" lol...I am certified but having inner ear/vertigo problems. I hope DH enjoys the atoll. Thanks for the info. That is what I thought.

Thanks too Canadian-- Hope you enjoyed it and went on to become certified.

Archived