Flight through Carnival

jolynn84

We are first time cruisers and booked our airfare throughCarnival. Do those flights usually fly out the day of the cruise? If so how do you best get from the airport to the port?

There is lots of info on this section of CC.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128

I have never booked air through CCL but I thought the transfers to the ship were included if you booked their airfare.

We are first time cruisers and booked our airfare throughCarnival. Do those flights usually fly out the day of the cruise? If so how do you best get from the airport to the port?

Transfers are included. Normally its much cheaper to book the air on your own and get a taxi. Usually, they fly you in the day of the cruise, but at times those on the west coast, flying east are flown in a day prior to the cruise.

I had ayr booked with Carnival for over $500 round trip. I found air for $170 and that included insurance and taxes. I called and canceled toe Carnival air because it was before final payment. sometimes it pays to book your own and other times with Carnival. The transfers from Carnival are $15.00 one way per person.

Hope you have a wonderfull cruise ;)

Sometimes booking air through Carnival works, and sometimes not.

If you have possibility of flights that get you to port by 2pm that day, rest assured you may be on that flight, which is aproblem if you want to be onboard at noon enjoying lunch and fun fun fun...

I would see if you could get out of cruise air and book a flight the day before the cruise and get a reasonable hotel for the night so you can relax after a busy day of travel. Even if the flight gets you in late at night, it still beats stressing out to know if you'll get to the port on time with a same day flight.

Carnival will not always get you the best flights with least connections, no, sometimes it is the opposite. I found that if you use their air/hotel option that you have to go by their rules, meaning if you want to be at the port and waiting to board with the first folks, nope, it ain't gonna happen especially if you fly in the day of the cruise. If they can get a flight that gets you to the port city by 10am then all is well, you can collect your luggage and transfer you, but if you have limited flights or a very long flight then you fly in the day before and wait for the shuttle to take you to port--which will likely go around noon or later.......

I've used cruise air three times and it was OK experience, until I boked my own air. The flight was at a slightly higher cost and found that spending an extra day in Miami and then getting to port and onboard then stepping onboard the ship at 11:19am was quite nice *BG*...I was secnd in line at excursion desk to get a cabana for Half Moon Cay........

Archived