french strike

munster

Taking the point further; the public sector generates no income for the state. If everyone was employed in the Public sector, the state would have no income.

....sort of like Cuba......most everyone works for the stqte.....;)

Suggests that you have a low opinion of the non-tax contributions of public sector employees.

Especially the politicians......;)

Seems the only way out for you would be for them to pay more in taxes than they earn in their jobs.

great idea........:D

As a British resident in France, I feel I have to stick up a little for the French.

Whatever their faults (e.g. striking for minor changes as per this thread), their country is not a bad place to live in.

Unfortunately we have to put up with our bins being emptied daily, even on Sundays and Bank Holidays, and it is annoying to have the street and pavement cleaned on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

And free graffiti removal is only a phone call away, with removal same day.

X-rays and MRI scan appointments are forced on us in only 2-3 days, and the hospitals are too shiny-clean to be really efficient - with operations performable on "what day do you prefer monsieur" basis.

No annual Road Tax, parking fines just about to go up from 11 Euros to 15 euros.

I forgot about the Schools system here - it works!

It's tough living here, but we put up with it!

D

As a British resident in France, I feel I have to stick up a little for the French.

Whatever their faults (e.g. striking for minor changes as per this thread), their country is not a bad place to live in.

Unfortunately we have to put up with our bins being emptied daily, even on Sundays and Bank Holidays, and it is annoying to have the street and pavement cleaned on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.

And free graffiti removal is only a phone call away, with removal same day.

X-rays and MRI scan appointments are forced on us in only 2-3 days, and the hospitals are too shiny-clean to be really efficient - with operations performable on "what day do you prefer monsieur" basis.

No annual Road Tax, parking fines just about to go up from 11 Euros to 15 euros.

I forgot about the Schools system here - it works!

It's tough living here, but we put up with it!

D

Sunshinesdad, sounds absolutely dreadful. No doubt the food and wine are lacking, as are the fine arts. ;):)

Best wishes,

Salacia

Archived