cocoa beach..park/shuttle to pier which hotel

wannacruise655

Staying one night after cruise.... what I am looking for in this order is:

Oceanfront nice beach/pool

park there before sail....shuttle to/from pier

nice, clean room

We want to park our car at hotel day of sailing, return, get off ship take shuttle to hotel,enjoy beach and pool and leave next day.

We don't care about food at facilty as we will have our car.

I'v been reading here. Radisson, Holiday Inn, Best Western, Ron Jons , Hampton, ???

Please helps decide .... Thanks ML

I grew up there in the 60's and go back often. I have stayed at the Hampton Inn twice, the Comfort Inn once and the Radisson at the Port once.

I prefer the Hampton Inn. They have a nice pool area, very nice, clean rooms with views of the ocean from your front door and your balcony. They also have a walkway to the Beach, complimentary breakfast and free Internet. Sorry, I don't know about letting you park your car there. They don't have a shuttle but I have seen Art's shuttle service pick up passengers for about $3/pp.

The Comfort Inn has nice rooms in the newer part. They also have a nice pool, a mini-breakfast for a small fee, walkway to the beach and I heard they have a cruise&park package and shuttle service.

The Radisson at the Port is where you will find most pre-day and post-day cruisers. Nice big rooms, nice pool area and they do have a cruise and park package. On cruise day be warned....it gets very crowded in the lobby and shuttle area. Lots of shoving and shouting even with scheduled times.

Since you'll have a car, you can go down the causeway to Merritt Island and hit WalMart or Target for last minute items. There are many restaurants there too. We got a coupon from the Hampton Inn for a free appetizer.

I stayed in Cocoa Beach before my cruise in 2003. We stayed at a Howard Johnson because it was cheap. My initial impression was that the place was a dump because it didn't look great from the outside, but our rooms were actually very nice and clean and VERY big. The rooms all had inside entries. They also had a great swimming pool and a modest breakfast. It was served in a little nook in the office, but actually had a decent selection of items. We actually took our food out and ate poolside. The Howard Johnson is not on the beach, but is only a short walk from it. They have a very large parking lot and had no problem with letting our group leave our cars in the lot for the duration of the cruise. I definitely recommend using Art's shuttle -- they offered a great rate and were very prompt and professional with taking us to the port and returning us to our hotel after the cruise. If you have any more questions feel free to email me: peterselby@aol.com

Archived