Zaandam

Lanson5

Love the Zaandam -- great ship - great crew

Size of the ship is about right though I would not be disappointed in a smaller vessel

Been on the Zaandam twice (and also on MANY other ships) -- Zaandam is always extremely clean and well kept by a cheerful crew who are willing to go the extra mile.

This ship is our current favorite -- but admittedly there are too many ships and sooo little money to see them all........

Thanks Arzz...

Actually this is the first time that I have joined one of these forums and I have gotten a LOT of really good information about HAL and cruising in general. So far I haven't seen any bad reviews regarding the Zaandam. This will be the first cruise that my wife and I have gone on alone. We have sailed several times but always with another couple or two. We are looking forward to meeting other people and having a good time. Thanks again....

Lanson5, we will also be on board. Have never been on Zaandam, but April 2004 we were on the Rotterdam and loved it. Ship was clean and the staff were great. It definitely was an older crowd than we were used to from Carnival and NCL cruises but it made for easier seating poolside. No craziness with chairs being saved. We are looking forward to this trip even though it is almost the same itinerary. This ship does not look too much different from the Rotterdam. We enjoyed the current movies in the theatre (with popcorn), the trivia contests, and of course the food. It will be our second visit to Tortola but last year we visited Virgin Gorda for the day at the Baths. A nice trip but this time we will explore Tortola. Half Moon Cay is our favorite stop. It is the most beautiful beach. I wish we were staying there longer than 2pm.

"We" are my dh, 17 year old daughter, 12 year old son, my sister and my sister in law.

Hope to get together with you on board. Add your name to the ROLL CALL on these boards.

We'll be on the Zaandam the week of March 19-26. The SOE is in place and I promise to post a review when we return. This will be our first HAL ship with SOE completed and are excited to see the changes. We'll be joining a group of 9, a mixture of parts of 3 families and I will report on the experience from teens and adults. We are counting the days!:cool:

GREAT...............There are going to be a few more on this cruise after all pmoodevlin. I've been checking the roll call for our sail date and there are very few people responding.

Can't wait either....I know I need a vacation!!!!

We have not recieved our docs yet, but it should be soon.

keep checking back on the roll call and you can periodically "bump" it up so that it is easy for others to find, by simply adding a new post along the lines of "anyone else"?

We chatted for a couple of months on and off with 6 other couples prior to our trip on Volendam last Nov. We met up on board (4 in our group) and had a ball. I brought Groucho glasses for everyone, in order to break the ice, and we had our pic taken as a group in the dining room on last formal nite wearing the glasses. A hoot!

Folks got along so well that we have a mystery weekend reunion scheduled for mid march in Ohio.

We were on Zaandam in jan 04 and had a great trip.

I've posted on the roll call several times and only got two other couples to reply. I told my husband we might be in trouble with this ship. Another clue is that very few comments anywhere on this site talks a lot about Zaandam. No matter I'm just coming off the worst case of flu in my life and need pampering so if the ship is empty, due to roll call, I will be pampered out. Pray for me I'm leaving Saturday.:)

GREAT...............There are going to be a few more on this cruise after all pmoodevlin. I've been checking the roll call for our sail date and there are very few people responding.

Can't wait either....I know I need a vacation!!!!

We have not recieved our docs yet, but it should be soon.

I'll be stalking the mailman now...

Ok Localady keep our ship clean:p . Looking forward to this cruise...just like always. Sad to hear she won't be sailing from Port Canaveral anymore.:( . Hope you all have a great cruise.;)

AGH? Sailing 3/12/05 - hope we're leaving from Port Canaveral still!!!!

Zaandam will sail Eastern/Western Caribbean this spring until April, when she'll sail thru the Panama Canal and up into Alaska. You can board in either Port Canaveral or FLL (13-day or 14-day) and you can extend on the other end depending on where you get off on the west coast, LA, Oregon, or Vancouver BC. After Alaska, she'll be sailing 10-day trips out of FLL. There are no plans to bring either her or any other HAL ship into Port Canaveral after she sails in April for the Panama Canal. A huge loss for this port IMHO.

TinaLee

:rolleyes: didn't put it just right huh..lol. She will be moving to Fort Lauderdale in the fall of 2005. She will be sailing 10 and 14 days. The Maasdam will be starting to sail out of Tampa, Fl also. But I just love Port Canaveral and am so sad to see her go. Sorry about that guys and gals:o ...hope you all have a wonderful cruise on her. She is a very Nice ship.:D

Archived