Royal Chocolate cake??

Just back from a week aboard oasis and we are still thinking of a cake served in the windjammer. I think it was called royal chocolate cake. It was served in the size of a mini muffin. It was to die for. Any ideas where I can find a recipe??? I have tried the usual..

If I did a report on the trip it would never end so I am not at this time but never a dull molment. Always something to do OR not. The food never ended and never a bad meal. Just once did we have a very slow server at the sea food shack that was the only bad experiance. NOW to recover.

The recipe starts with;

Take 500 Eggs and goes on from there, as they obviously make these in bulk, probably 500+ at a time. So unless you have a very big oven, you would have to find a different recipe. Good Luck :)

Just back from a week aboard oasis and we are still thinking of a cake served in the windjammer. I think it was called royal chocolate cake. It was served in the size of a mini muffin. It was to die for. Any ideas where I can find a recipe??? I have tried the usual..

If I did a report on the trip it would never end so I am not at this time but never a dull molment. Always something to do OR not. The food never ended and never a bad meal. Just once did we have a very slow server at the sea food shack that was the only bad experiance. NOW to recover.

If so, this is it.

You will see this receipe can be made in small muffin tins also.

Newest cookbook recipe for their Chocolate Cake.

Thick and like fudge.

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

3/4 cup unsalted butter

Preheat over to 300 degrees

Place butter and chocolate in the top of a double boiler and set over 1 inch of simmering water.

Whisk until chocolate is smooth.

Set aside to cool, stirring continuously.

4 eggs

1/2 cup of sugar

1 Tablespoon dark rum

1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract

1/3 cup strong brewed coffee

Using an electric mixer beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Gradually fold into chocolate mixture.

Add Rum, vanilla extract and coffee.

Mix well.

Bring a kettle of water to a boil

Pour mixture *into a prepared 8-inch pan or individual molds and cover with aluminum foil.

Place in roasting pan and pour in enough boiling water to come halfway up the outside of the pan.

Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Remove cake (s) from oven and allow cooling to room temperature in pan.

Transfer to wire rack and chill over night.

* I do not see anything in the recipe about how the pans are to be prepared other than in a water bath? I know that both of the old recipes called for buttering the pan.

Chocolate Waffles Garnish if you wish to make them

¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips

Bubble wrap

Remove bubble wrap and cut into triangles.

For chocolate waffles, place chocolate in double boiler and set over 1 inch of simmering water.

Whisk until chocolate is smooth.

Spread over bubble wrap and allow to cool.

Refrigerate for 1 hour.

Garnish

Whipped Cream

Cut cake as desired if necessary.

Pipe a rosette of whipped cream atop each slice/cake and garnish with a chocolate waffle.

Archived