Bringing passports on excursions

Peaches166

Seems to me if your not responsible enough to be onboard the ship when it sails, you ane not responsible enough to not loose your passport.

Seems to me that someone with your inability to imagine a scenario where someone might miss the ship through no fault of their own, should keep their opinions to themselves :cool:.

An endless discussion about passports has arisen again. You roll the dice and you take your chances. There is no guarantee that when you need your passport someone will get it for you. The only real guarantee is when you have it in your pocket and can produce it for the authorities when they ask for it.

Unless of course you have been pick pocketed and don't have your passport any more.

Seems to me that someone with your inability to imagine a scenario where someone might miss the ship through no fault of their own, should keep their opinions to themselves :cool:.
Why don't you keep your opinion to yourself this site is for opinions! In over 60 cruises I have never missed a ship, but I have met a lot of folks who lost their passports.

Why don't you keep your opinion to yourself this site is for opinions! In over 60 cruises I have never missed a ship, but I have met a lot of folks who lost their passports.

Wow, great for you. So, your pertinent opinion on whether or not to take your passport off ship, rather than slamming those unfortunates that might miss their ships, is what? :confused:

Wow, great for you. So, your pertinent opinion on whether or not to take your passport off ship, rather than slamming those unfortunates that might miss their ships, is what? :confused:
Hey cool down, I was not slamming anyone. I was only trying to make the point that if you are smart enought to use ships tours if you have a short port time, or plan to be back in plenty of time if you are on your own you don't have to worry about missing the ship. Like I said I have seen many more people loose their Passport ashore then miss the ship. By the way the ship will try to wait for you (If they are able to) if you call the port agent and let him know. Sorrry if I offended you in my previous post's.

Hey cool down, I was not slamming anyone.... Sorrry if I offended you in my previous post's.

"if your not responsible enough to be onboard the ship when it sails..."

I'll leave it to others to evaluate your statement and the contribution you made to the discussion.

Fair winds and following seas!

I figure my chances of missing the ship are a lot less then my chances of having my passport lost, stolen or damaged if I take it ashore with me.

Archived