Boardwalk or Central Park view on Oasis?

fourowdys

Although we had an ocean balcony, I would recommend the boardwalk over Central Park. Here's why:

From a boardwalk balcony you could see the Aqua Shows, Belly Flop Contest, and anything else happening at the Aqua Theater. The people watching would probably also be better since more is going on in the Boardwalk (including the zipline overhead). You would also maybe get a look at the ocean off the back - this I don't know for sure, but I could tell you for SURE you won't see any water from Central Park.

The Central Park is quieter and there isn't much going on - mostly restaurants. So, you're view might be boring.

IMHO it all depends on how much you use your balcony and if you want noise or quiet. Central Park will be quiet and Boardwalk will be noisy. We had a Aqua Theater Suite cabin and it was rather noisy back there. The show cast was practicing Oasis of Dreams a lot during the day so you had the music stopping and starting. The bell ringing from the rock wall. The bell ringing from the Carousel. That kind of noise does not bother some but I would rather have not had it.:)

We had a boardwalk, 5 cabins from the end on deck 9, and we had great views of the aqua shows and the ocean. If a show is in progress you will hear it with the balcony door closed, but they end around 11:30 pm and they are not every night. I would chose this over the central park cabins

beacuse of the views.

Can some of you who've been on the Oasis tell me? Do you have a strong perference between a Boardwalk view and a Central Park view -- not much difference in price. Thanks!

Are you getting a balcony or a window?

We ended up chosing a stateroom looking out to the ocean. Although having a stateroom looking in sounds like a novel idea, I think that after a day or two it might get a bit old. Looking at those balconies and windows looking in reminds me of staying at an Embassy Suites or any hotel with rooms looking into an atrium (which I've stayed at plenty of times and honestly, after a few minutes looking at the action out there, it gets boring quick).

I have stayed in both Boardwalk View and Central Park View staterooms.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd go with a BW view over the CP view. However, my BW view cabin was on deck 7 aft and some people dislike that location because of the aft elevator lobby on deck 7 not having a way to cross from the starboard to port side.

I also loved the proximity of my BW view cabin to the BW as well as the Royal Promenade.

In my opinion, you can't really go wrong with either choice but I preferred the BW view.

Just did a b2b on Oasis Oct 1 in a boardwalk balcony. If you dont like noise or the fact that your neighbors across the way can see into your room when you have the lights on then go for it. We had to keep curtains closed all day for privacy reasons , the shows were loud even with the doors closed and the music from dazzels night club was heard in our room as well and we were the last aft cabin. For the first couple of days it was ok but after that it was annoying. I would go for an outside cabin on this ship for sure. THe central park cabins would still have the privacy issues but not the noise but during the day it gets very hot in there and at night at sea its extremely windy for some reason. Otherwise the ship is amazing.

Although we had an ocean balcony, I would recommend the boardwalk over Central Park. Here's why:

From a boardwalk balcony you could see the Aqua Shows, Belly Flop Contest, and anything else happening at the Aqua Theater. The people watching would probably also be better since more is going on in the Boardwalk (including the zipline overhead). You would also maybe get a look at the ocean off the back - this I don't know for sure, but I could tell you for SURE you won't see any water from Central Park.

The Central Park is quieter and there isn't much going on - mostly restaurants. So, you're view might be boring.

Sounds like Garden View vs Ocean View in Hawaii...

I actually had same question as OP...since DD really wants to do Oasis before Christmas while the rest of us probably prefer to go on Voyager over Christmas...

Thanks for your useful compare...

Archived