Cruises out of New Orleans port

Wondering how the Western cruise out of New Orleans was? Parking cost? I am only finding the Voyager of the Seas going to the Western Caribbean with no other options, am I missing something or is this the only one from this port? This will be our 1st cruise on RC, we have cruised the the Princess only. Thanks for any info you can give me on this one.

Wondering how the Western cruise out of New Orleans was? Parking cost? I am only finding the Voyager of the Seas going to the Western Caribbean with no other options, am I missing something or is this the only one from this port? This will be our 1st cruise on RC, we have cruised the the Princess only. Thanks for any info you can give me on this one.

I have not checked the recent schedules but we did Carnival Triumph out of New Orleans last spring. There is a large parking structure right at the port and I think we paid around $16 per day. Very easy.

At this time...only Carnival Thriumph. NCL is bringing the Spirit in November 2010. RCCL is bringing the Voyager in November 2011. Carnival is bringing the Ecstasy in September 2011 and the Conquest in November 2011.

Don't hold me to those dates. That is what I pulled off of their sites.

If you are going to be in New Orleans for at least a night before you cruise, there are several hotels that offer very reasonable sail/park packages. The two I looked into were the Drury and The Holiday

Inn French Quarter. We stayed at the Drury Inn for two nights prior to our sailing paying $17 a night for parking, and were not charged any additional for the week's parking during the cruise (it had been my understanding that it would be about $35 for the 7 nights). The Drury does not provide transportation to the ship. The Holiday Inn charges more for parking, but does provide transportation to the ship.

Archived