Lanyards & Keycards

cpzcruisenewbie

This is a pretty minor question but I'm curious so I'm going to ask. Do your cardkeys for your room and onboard charge account have a hole in them to connect to a lanyard or what? I see that cruisecritic sells lanyards but I want to be sure that something like that will work with the cards from Celebrity. I know one of you experienced cruisers can answer this in a heartbeat!

Thanks and cheers!

Carol

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Summit - May 7 2004 - S. America Panama Canal

They do not have holes punched in them, but I have heard people say that Guest Relations will punch a hole in them for you.

16 days to go! Boy, I bet you are EXCITED!!!!

Have a great cruise!

Michelle

Carol, you can also take a hole punch yourself, I have done that. BUT you have to be careful where you put the punch as your card needs to go in and our of the security machine when you disembark and embark at port.

You can also buy lanyards that don't require a punch....they have a clear plastic pocket that your card slips into. That is what we did this time - $1.99 each at Sam Moons.

Cyndi

Happy Sailing!

Cyndi Wagner, AKA Transaction Chick

Carnival Celebration - 5/98

RCI Rhapsody - 5/00

Carnival Sprit - 10/01

Celebtrity Mercury - 5/04

Parley Vouz Francais? Si vous pouvez, email moi en Francais!

You can indeed go to guest relations to get you card punched for your Lanyard. The cruise critic one is nice because the bottom part detaches and you can carry it like a keyring. So when you are on land you don't have to have it around your neck!

Happy cruising!

Celebrity Constellation 3/05

Carnival Victory "Cruise to Nowhere" 10/04

Carnival Glory 2/04

Celebrity Millie 4/03

Celebrity Zenith 3/02

Celebrity Century 3/00, 3/01

Celebrity Zenith 6/99

Celebrity Galaxy 3/98

Celebrity Century, 1/97

NCL Dreamward 7/95

Thanks so much all of you for all your help. I have not yet found lanyards with a clear sleeve - I don't know what Sam Moon's is? And I'm running out of time for mail order... sigh. This might be the "one" thing I didn't plan for properly! icon_rolleyes.gif

Cheers,

Carol

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Carol,

You can find the clear plastic sleeves at Big5 Sporting Goods. They are no more than a couple bucks. They sell them for fishing licenses, but they will hold any credit card size document.

Bob

Mercury to Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Bob - I'm thinking you are on the 12-day trip out of San Francisco. I would love to know how that cruise goes - we almost booked it ourselves out of the sheer convenience of starting and ending in our home city! I eventually decided I needed to go somewhere a little more warm for our first cruise. Anyway, have a wonderful trip!

Cheers,

Carol

Carol,

Right back atcha!!

My wife and I already have our sights on a trans-canal trip next. Please let us know how you enjoyed yours!!

And you're right about the 12 day RT on Mercury for us.

Happy sailing,

Bob

Mercury to Alaska!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Archived