Eastern Caribbean - Best Snorkeling

Toddy709

never seem much good snorkeling in St. Marrtin

In St. Thomas we love doing a day sail on a small sailboat - my favorite one is Rumbaba. Go to the St. Thomas forum and do a search on "day sail", there are several other operators who captain small sail boats for these excursions. Photos here and here. Doing a day sail in St. Thomas is one of the best excursions in the Caribbean for us!

• 2 weeks later...

Did Coki Beach last January and I wasn't that impressed. I went back last week, went to the right toward the white building and was overwhelmed by the number and variety of fish....it was time well spent. The only negative is that they are doing a lot of work around the the beach after last summer's unfortunate incident and there are currently no rest or change rooms.

Went to St. Maarten May 2010. We scheduled a shore excursion thru RCI - Tiki Hut Snorkeling. We were very disappointed. The current was very strong & kept pushing us to the rocks. The rocks were covered with sea urchins. The fish, not many, were 20-30 feet down & we couldn't get stationary enough to really see any. Not worth the money. We have snorkeled at Haunamana Bay in Hawaii & loved it. (Check out the tide schedule there before going though)

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived