Poll: Which is your favorite Voyager Class ship?

redcat72

Which is your favorite Voyager Class ship?  

288 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite Voyager Class ship?

• Adventure of the Seas
    • Explorer of the Seas
    • Mariner of the Seas
    • Navigator of the Seas
    • Voyager of the Seas

We loved both the Adventure and the Navigator (haven't been on the others). AOS' itinerary was really great. Navigator is a little newer, but we didn't really notice it significantly. NOS has Chops while AOS doesn't. The Sports Bar on the Promenade on AOS was a great place to hang out; the same bar was a Wine Bar on NOS.

Either one, you'll have a great trip.

Explorer of the Seas was our first voyager class ship, for us, it was the best out of 15 cruises. We took our daughter and boyfriend on the Mariner of the Seas, a great time was had by all. I'm looking into taking the whole family back on the Explorer sometime this year.

We've crusied all except the AOS.

IMHO: One of our favorites is the Explorer, the biggest plus being the way the main dining room is decorated. I'll take modern over whatever mish-mosh the rest of the ships' main dining rooms are supposed to look like. However, the Navigator and Mariner would win in the overall category because of the wider Promenade, addition of Chops, and overall modern decor (except the MDR).

I've only been on the Navigator on RCCL, but by far it's the prettiest ship I've ever been on with lots to do and see. I've cruised CCL and NCL previously. Sounds like I'll be cruising on the Explorer in the future.

I've been on three of the five (VOS, EOS, MOS) and while the design is fairly constant, I like the more advanced features on Mariner. Little things that others may not notice like better signage, a few extra public bathrooms, etc. The artwork by the pool is also excellent. :D

Plus the fact I live within an hours drive of Port Canaveral. I'll probably cry when this ships gets moved to another home port. :(

Of course Sovereign has been based out of there for quite awhile so maybe Mariner will stick around...

Have only been on AOS (3 times) and MOS (1 time). Have not done EOS,vOS, or NOS. If you know you want a cruise on a Voyager class ship, I would then review the itineraries for the time you are going and choose the itinerary you want. I think you would be happy with any of these ships.

• 3 months later...

The Voyager & Explorer (the 2 I've sailed on) have such suttle differences that we always base our decision on the itinirary.

Although, like the above posters mentioned I'm sure the newer the better.

Chris

I'll let you know after I've sailed them all! :) Three down (Explorer, Navigator and Voyager) and two to go (Adventure - Spring break 2006); Mariner who knows when - I think we'll be on the Freedome before Mariner. We had the best time on the Navigator - met some great people from this board, which made for a fun cruise!

Heyitsrick - Chops doesn't replace any alternative dining venue - it's in addition to Portofino's on those ships that have both. Portofino's is excellent - wouldn't miss it!

Robin

Heyitsrick - Chops doesn't replace any alternative dining venue - it's in addition to Portofino's on those ships that have both. Portofino's is excellent - wouldn't miss it! Robin

Hi Robin, I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't mean what alternative venue did it replace. I meant where was it located physically on the ship, and what wasn't on the Chops ships in that space that was on other ships. Was it on the promenade deck, for example?

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the difference in balconies. Does this not matter so much? I've only been on Explorer, but from the photos, it appears that the all-glass balconies on the two newest ships would provide a big advantage in visibility and openness.

Theron

TBRAY- I dont think you will have to worry about the Mariner leaving PC anytime in the near future. She is creatin a lot of revenue for the company....she will be our home ship for sometime.

Tim

Archived