E322 or E404 (emerald deck)Golden Princess?

ladyjane550

Did you look at the deck plans? Looks like to me that 404 is the better choice, but I don't have any experience with it. To me it wouldn't really matter. I would be on a cruise ship and that's all that counts in my book!

• 2 years later...

Apologies for bringing up such an old thread :o . I've booked E404 on the Star and wondered if I could have feedback on it from either of you or anyone else who's stayed there.

We had E404 on Crown and it was great. The obstruction was almost non-existent (I posted a pic in another thread). From the deck plans it looks like it's the same deal on the Golden and Star, but I wanted to make sure! :) TIA.

Ithink that was my room on the Golden. The view is excellent- you have a lifeboat in front, sort of, but it doesn't really block your view. What you do have is a walk way that sees little traffic, but occasionally, people walk by and if they look up into your windo, they can see you. If you want a cheap window room, it is a good deal, nice and roomy. After that room, we we had cabin shock with our inside room on the Dawn last week, which was the smallest room I have ever been in.

Thanks for the info. After I posted I looked on Webshots and found this photo by jerryng (sorry for "borrowing" it :) )

1039116970035154338S500x500Q85.jpg

Doesn't it look like there are a bunch of little liferafts in drums in front of the window? :confused: Maybe they're low enough that they don't interfere with a bit of a view... Can't afford a balcony in Alaska (airfare & excursions have to take a priority :D ) so I'm just wishing for the best exterior cabin possible. Can't do an inside cabin, though.

Archived