Solstice TA October 2011 Code Red

dmk

I just received a call from Celebrity re my Solstice TA. They are offering an OBC of $200 and my fare is also $330 less p.p. than before. That is a saving of $660. I'm very pleased with that and have rebooked. The TA is now a 13 day cruise not a 14 day, leaving on Nov 28, 2011. And they have left out Majorca.

Good luck to everyone!! I am sure you will be called very shortly. I hope it works out for everyone:)

Hi DMK

What cabin catagory are you booked into ?

Our TA just confirmed with us that our B2B sailings on the Solstice were cancelled and we were offered the opportunity to jump ship and book on the Eclipse which we accepted. (Hey, we're easy - really just wanted to sail on this class of ship!) So instead of sailing on the Nov 6 & 13, 2011 on the Solstice, we will now be sailing on Nov. 12 & 19, 2011 on the Eclipse.

They are keeping the Solstice in Europe for another month.

We're also booked on the Solstice for Nov 13th, 2011, but haven't heard anything yet. What itinerary is the Eclipse doing and did they offer you any OBC? We were on the Solstice 10/10 and our itinerary was changed from Western to Eastern because of Hurricane Paula. We were really looking forward to going to the ports we missed...that's why we booked Solstice again for 11/13!! :rolleyes:

We're also booked on the Solstice for Nov 13th, 2011, but haven't heard anything yet. What itinerary is the Eclipse doing and did they offer you any OBC? We were on the Solstice 10/10 and our itinerary was changed from Western to Eastern because of Hurricane Paula. We were really looking forward to going to the ports we missed...that's why we booked Solstice again for 11/13!! :rolleyes:

I told our TA who called Celebrity....whoever he talked to said it wasn't *official* yet, but it looked like there was going to be a change. We were also booked for 13 November and were also hoping to go on the Western Caribbean itinerary. I told him we would send him some possibilities tonight. I have been looking at the longer cruise out of Cape Liberty, but really not sure what we want to do. Travel agent seems to think it will work nicely in the end though.

I told our TA who called Celebrity....whoever he talked to said it wasn't *official* yet, but it looked like there was going to be a change. We were also booked for 13 November and were also hoping to go on the Western Caribbean itinerary. I told him we would send him some possibilities tonight. I have been looking at the longer cruise out of Cape Liberty, but really not sure what we want to do. Travel agent seems to think it will work nicely in the end though.

My husband was trying to convince me to go on the Equinox 11/21/11, but it's over Thanksgiving and I didn't want to be away for Thanksgiving. Now, that cruise is showing "Sold Out", as well. We were also considering 11/30/11 Silhouette out of Bayonne (since it's close to home), but really wanted Western itinerary. We might just wait until 12/11/11, which would be my birthday week!! Not sure what we'll be doing...

My husband was trying to convince me to go on the Equinox 11/21/11, but it's over Thanksgiving and I didn't want to be away for Thanksgiving. Now, that cruise is showing "Sold Out", as well. We were also considering 11/30/11 Silhouette out of Bayonne (since it's close to home), but really wanted Western itinerary. We might just wait until 12/11/11, which would be my birthday week!! Not sure what we'll be doing...

We have been trying to do the Western one for awhile....hubby traveled for his job and we could never seem to make it work out around his trips. We have the 12/11/11 one under consideration as I wanted to do the Western Caribbean for my birthday. Silhouette would be close to our home as well...we could drive there, which would be nice! :)

Please excuse my pessimism, but I believe that your Solstice cruises, as well as our Dec. 2 cruise on the Equinox will be cancelled.

You were right on target on this one. We have booked through Celebrity while we were on the Mercury, I have not heard from them. I have no idea what we will do now.

Just received a call from Celebrity. They offered me $200 OBC to move to the November 28 TA. They assured me I could still have my Stockholders credit. If the price is less, I get that. My Celebrity air however is no longer valid. I have until November 17 to decide. More later on our decision. Just giving everyone the heads up.

Cynthia

Anyone know if they would offer anything if you are booked on one of the affected sailings and are not able to switch to the new date?

We are not able to sail in Nov, so I am wondering if they would offer us anything to switch to any other sailing earlier in the year?

We are still waiting for Celebrity to call us. :(

We just re-booked in the same cabin for January 13, 2012, at the same price with a $200.00, OBC; We are satisfied, particularly since the price of the new booking would be about $500.00,-$600.00, more than our price. To us, the cruise date is not that important, but we do cherish 1605 on the Equinox.

We just re-booked in the same cabin for January 13, 2012, at the same price with a $200.00, OBC; We are satisfied, particularly since the price of the new booking would be about $500.00,-$600.00, more than our price. To us, the cruise date is not that important, but we do cherish 1605 on the Equinox.

This is great news. We sure understand the love for those deep hump balconies. We too, only sail in one of those. Had 1605 on our first "S" class and 9270 or 8230 each time after.

Just curious... Did Celebrity contact you or did you go through a TA?

The Nov. 12 Eclipse ports are San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. The Nov. 19 ports are San Juan, St. Maarten & St. Kitts. Unfortunately we are not getting the western itinerary that we were hoping for.

This is great news. We sure understand the love for those deep hump balconies. We too, only sail in one of those. Had 1605 on our first "S" class and 9270 or 8230 each time after.

Just curious... Did Celebrity contact you or did you go through a TA?

We were contacted by Celebrity.

The Nov. 12 Eclipse ports are San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten. The Nov. 19 ports are San Juan, St. Maarten & St. Kitts. Unfortunately we are not getting the western itinerary that we were hoping for, but we are getting $200 OBC for each cruise because of the change.

btw...noticed that you live in Cary...my daughter lives in Cary.

I spoke to Celebrity yesterday and they offered us $100.00 P/P OBC credit for cancelling the 11/13/11 Solstice cruise. I feel this is a paltry sum when you consider what it really costs Celebrity. I believe Princess offered $250.00 P/P OBC when they cancelled Caribbean Princess cruises for a summit in Trinidad back in April 2009. I was really looking forward to the Solstice and the Western Caribbean. I even paid the deposit for Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. I almost felt the Celebrity rep. would have rather we cancelled as she asked three times if I wanted a refund. Thanks for letting me vent.

I spoke to Celebrity yesterday and they offered us $100.00 P/P OBC credit for cancelling the 11/13/11 Solstice cruise. I feel this is a paltry sum when you consider what it really costs Celebrity. I believe Princess offered $250.00 P/P OBC when they cancelled Caribbean Princess cruises for a summit in Trinidad back in April 2009. I was really looking forward to the Solstice and the Western Caribbean. I even paid the deposit for Nachi Cocum in Cozumel. I almost felt the Celebrity rep. would have rather we cancelled as she asked three times if I wanted a refund. Thanks for letting me vent.

I just spoke with Customer Service at Celebrity this morning, and they offered me NO information regarding our 11/13/2011 Solstice cruise. She told me it was still Code Red, and couldn't give me any further information, even though the ship is showing in the Med on their website.

We were booked on the same cruise. What class stateroom were you booked in? Did they also offer any fare discount to you? I'm ok with the 100 OBC, but hoping they offered you something off as well.

We are looking at booking one of three replacement cruises and that certainly doesn't give me the warm fuzzies when they are acting like you should cancel....we will be first time cruisers. I can't believe that there would almost be encouragement to cancel.....incredible.:(

I'm not much of a poster but lets keep each other informed as this situation unfolds. I spent just over 50 minutes yesterday mostly on hold to get the $100 OBC P/P answer. I left a message with our Celebrity vacation planner to call me today.

We were booked in the C2 category. Perfect cabin. They did not offer any additional incentives other than the OBC. I was frustrated by the Celebrity reps demeanor. It seems as though the Mediterranean and TransAtlantic folks may be getting a sweeter deal. Although those are longer cruises. Some on their rollcall are not very happy with Celebrity's handling of the situation and their compensation. Do not let this dicourage you from taking your first cruise. It is a great way to vacation. I always tell my wife cruising is great because if you don't like where you are today no worries you'll be somewhere else tomorrow. This was our 20TH anniversary cruise so we were very much looking forward to going on a great ship with a great itinerary. I prefer the Western over Eastern Caribbean and I'm not sure we would want to change to the Dec. 11, 2011 cruise because of potential travel delays. Please keep us informed as this situation progresses.

We were booked in the C2 category. Perfect cabin. They did not offer any additional incentives other than the OBC. I was frustrated by the Celebrity reps demeanor. It seems as though the Mediterranean and TransAtlantic folks may be getting a sweeter deal. Although those are longer cruises. Some on their rollcall are not very happy with Celebrity's handling of the situation and their compensation. Do not let this dicourage you from taking your first cruise. It is a great way to vacation. I always tell my wife cruising is great because if you don't like where you are today no worries you'll be somewhere else tomorrow. This was our 20TH anniversary cruise so we were very much looking forward to going on a great ship with a great itinerary. I prefer the Western over Eastern Caribbean and I'm not sure we would want to change to the Dec. 11, 2011 cruise because of potential travel delays. Please keep us informed as this situation progresses.

We were booked in a C1. My TA just called me and yes, the TA people are certainly getting a sweeter deal as I got the same answer you got, not to mention they offered *selected* sailings, however I was thinking that there would be at least SOME offering in the discount department. He's going to talk to them, so I will keep you informed We had booked the Western Caribbean for my 50th birthday and I just selected the Eastern Caribbean yet again because of my concern with the same....travel delays. I was ok with the OBC even though I think it's on the lower side of the spectrum, but I really was hoping for a break....it really screwed up a lot of our plans as well....we were planning to do Nachi Cocum as well.....oh well, guess we will have to try to do it again.

I will let everyone know what happens.

We were booked in a C1. My TA just called me and yes, the TA people are certainly getting a sweeter deal as I got the same answer you got, not to mention they offered *selected* sailings, however I was thinking that there would be at least SOME offering in the discount department.

What are the *selected* sailings they are offering? We booked directly with Celebrity onboard the Solstice a few weeks ago, and haven't been contacted yet.

What are the *selected* sailings they are offering? We booked directly with Celebrity onboard the Solstice a few weeks ago, and haven't been contacted yet.

It seemed to be the December sailings on the Solstice and Eclipse....I have to admit, he mentioned the two I was looking at which was the 12-11-11 Western Caribbean-Solstice and 12-3-11 Eastern Caribbean-Eclipse and I was good. We really wanted to do the Western, but that time frame being close to the holidays and all just won't work for us. We have not been to any of the places on the 12-3, so it will work. I just didn't want to go back to St. Thomas. I told him to book us AQ because it was very reasonable for that cruise. :D I think it killed my hubby to give up the aft, but I think change might be good.

We were booked on the same cruise. What class stateroom were you booked in? Did they also offer any fare discount to you? I'm ok with the 100 OBC, but hoping they offered you something off as well.

We are looking at booking one of three replacement cruises and that certainly doesn't give me the warm fuzzies when they are acting like you should cancel....we will be first time cruisers. I can't believe that there would almost be encouragement to cancel.....incredible.:(

Islandgirlejfan,

Just out of curiousity, did you book this cruise prior to May 17th of this year? My DH and I were also treated rather rudely and "encouraged" to cancel our transatlantic. The cruise was delayed,shortened by one day, and one port was dropped. No price reduction was offered , only 100.00 total OBC. Yet fellow CC'ers booked on the same cruise were offered very nice compensation to transfer to the rescheduled TA. I am beginning to think that the old bookings (pre May17th) are worth hanging on to because they have to honor all price reductions.

JMHO. Thanks!

Archived